Author Topic: 1971 Challenger rebuilt front suspension complete  (Read 2700 times)

Offline Raw Untamed

1971 Challenger rebuilt front suspension complete
« on: March 21, 2012 - 12:17:47 AM »
I want to sell the original front suspension from my Challenger.  It's complete with drum brakes, power steering box, power steering pump and they do not leak.  How much do you think it's worth?  I replaced all the bushings about 1 year before the car was parked with polyurethane.  Tie rods, strut rods, idler arm was all replaced.  Sway bar is aftermarket Addco 1 1/8".  Has good KYB shocks.  The parts came from PST.  Spent over a grand, and still have the receipt.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012 - 07:47:52 PM by Raw Untamed »
Joey

71 Challenger

Offline crocha617

Re: 1971 Challenger original front suspension complete
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012 - 07:08:37 AM »
I sold an untouched original Barracuda setup w/ DISC BRAKE SETUP & no torsion bars for $300 last year. Shipping on these are killer so if you can find a local buyer that would be best. Where you located?

Offline Raw Untamed

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012 - 01:05:41 AM »
Thanks for the reply.  I'm located in San Diego.

I'm in the local Mopar Club out here and I'm sure somebody would like to have these parts.  They were working fantastic while I was driving the car.  It had zero body roll and I remember taking her around curves at over 70mph with no leaning.  With the upgrades, I just didn't have to slow down for the curves anymore.  It was like driving a sports car.  And that was while still using the stock 14x5.5 rally wheels and 205/75/14 tires!  It was a lot more stiff and little bit more bumpy too.

I'm going to ask a little more than 300 I think.  I know it's worth more than that.  Maybe I should clean it up a bit.
Joey

71 Challenger

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012 - 01:39:13 AM »
Thanks for the reply.  I'm located in San Diego.

I'm in the local Mopar Club out here and I'm sure somebody would like to have these parts.  They were working fantastic while I was driving the car.  It had zero body roll and I remember taking her around curves at over 70mph with no leaning.  With the upgrades, I just didn't have to slow down for the curves anymore.  It was like driving a sports car.  And that was while still using the stock 14x5.5 rally wheels and 205/75/14 tires!  It was a lot more stiff and little bit more bumpy too.

I'm going to ask a little more than 300 I think.  I know it's worth more than that.  Maybe I should clean it up a bit.

If you plan to sell it and it's OEM, then be careful on cleaning it.

Make sure not to remove any of the OEM inspection paint marks if there are any. They can be hidden under the dirt so they can be removed very easily without knowing if you were to sand blast.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012 - 12:29:37 PM »
I have a local car builder that is trying to sell me a pretty close match to that for 150.
I don't think it has new bushings, but pretty much the same as that.
Just depends on who you can find that actually needs one now.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline jimcarhappy

• 70 challenger 440 6 pack project.
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012 - 11:10:49 PM »
Have you sold your front suspension yet. If you haven't I would be interested.If you pm me I will send you contact information.
Thank's
Jim D
Jimcarhappy

Offline Raw Untamed

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012 - 06:30:47 PM »
Sold the torsion bars; haven't sold the suspension yet.  I'll take $450.
Joey

71 Challenger

Offline Raw Untamed

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012 - 07:43:41 PM »
$400.  This is a great deal for all this.  You couldn't piece together all these parts for less than that.
Joey

71 Challenger