Author Topic: Magnumforce vs Reillymotorsports  (Read 15106 times)

Offline torqueaddict

Magnumforce vs Reillymotorsports
« on: September 01, 2010 - 07:33:41 PM »
Who makes the best suspension parts between Reillymotorsports and Magnumforce a buddy of mines says Magnumforce is crap does anyone else have firsthand experience with either
1972 Challenger  (O O [======R/T=] O O) 1970 clone

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: Magnumforce vs Reillymotorsports
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010 - 11:24:34 AM »
Magnum Force is more of a race piece not street duty
 so I would go with Reilly as well

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline torqueaddict

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010 - 12:06:10 PM »
Magnum Force is more of a race piece not street duty
 so I would go with Reilly as well

Thanks CP!! So Reilly makes decent stuff tho huh thats good, I have been hesitant to pull the trigger but I really need the parts. Would it be best to save up and get the double Hotchkis or for street purposes Reilly will be ok.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010 - 12:24:42 PM »
I think using all the reilly stuff together should be fine , you can ask them about hte hotchkiss uppers

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline Devil

• Forward, Together Forward
    • Ryan's Cars in Barns
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010 - 01:22:02 PM »
Just don't forget the reilly stuff isn't made for a daily driver or cruiser, even though people do it.  Says right in the instructions for off road use only... aka drag racing.  Otherwise it is highly recommended to use the Hotchkis, it is a excellent setup.
Ryan's Cars in Barns

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/
http://carsinbarns.blogspot.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
71 Challenger R/T Clone
69 Charger R/T SE
70 Barracuda
74 Dart Swinger
93 RamCharger
88 Caprice Classic Brougham

Offline torqueaddict

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010 - 01:31:26 PM »
So there are no street duty tubular a arms that don't cost $600. Wow I don't see how only hotchkis has a reliable product. That's terrible.

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010 - 01:49:56 PM »
Did you have a look at firm feels a-arms? They look pretty good?
I have heard others say good things about them, but I haven't used them myself?

http://www.firmfeel.com/e.htm
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline Strawdawg

• Resident
    • Vortex Buicks
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010 - 01:57:35 PM »
So there are no street duty tubular a arms that don't cost $600. Wow I don't see how only hotchkis has a reliable product. That's terrible.

My Magnum Force arms look to be okay as far as I can tell

Offline Strawdawg

• Resident
    • Vortex Buicks
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010 - 01:59:18 PM »

My Magnum Force arms appear to be okay....and Tom Quad uses the rms on his race car without any problems from one of his recent posts.

Offline torqueaddict

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2010 - 02:54:30 PM »
My Magnum Force arms appear to be okay....and Tom Quad uses the rms on his race car without any problems from one of his recent posts.

How long have you had the Magnumforce arms, and what kind of driving do you do? Do you drive your car often, and did they improve your handling at all?

Offline torqueaddict

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2010 - 03:00:33 PM »
Did you have a look at firm feels a-arms? They look pretty good?
I have heard others say good things about them, but I haven't used them myself?

http://www.firmfeel.com/e.htm

I called firm feel they seem legit. What have you heard about them I know it sounds like I am cheap but there just has to be a quality A arm that wont put me in the poorhouse. Guys I really appreciate your help the people here are really knowledgeable, helpfully thanks peep.

Offline 72hemi

• Resident
  • MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2006
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2010 - 03:03:52 PM »
A friend of mine know Ron Jenkins and has told me that his parts are really race parts and its not wise to run them on the street (this is my friends evaluation not Ron's). As for the other I recently saw their k member installed in a car and I was not impressed with the quality of the parts or the design, the main cross brace in the k member is not mandral bent created a decent weakpoint in the k member. for me the only truly viable street choice is XV stage 2. Granted they are a lot more money, but can you really put a price on safety and quality.
1972 Dodge Challenger 340 6 Pack 4-speed
1996 Dodge Viper GTS Coupe

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2010 - 04:00:21 PM »
I called firm feel they seem legit. What have you heard about them I know it sounds like I am cheap but there just has to be a quality A arm that wont put me in the poorhouse. Guys I really appreciate your help the people here are really knowledgeable, helpfully thanks peep.

Maybe PM member Boydsdodge for an opinion? I know he uses them! I went with the Hotchkis uppers because of the relocated pick up point and it was part of their handling package. If it wasen't for that I would have just used the Moog problem solver bushings.
 If your on a budjet that's what I would look into if I were you? the whole reason for tubulars is to get the  caster and camber. If that's all the other upper a-arms let you do, then why not just get the bushings and save the money? Are you a-arms bent or badly rusted? If not try the bushings first?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010 - 04:12:32 PM by brads70 »
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline wiging19

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2010 - 04:18:11 PM »
There has been a lot of discussion within the Mopar community about which setup is better.  I suggest reading what everyone has to say and then making your decision.  Pay particular attention to what problems people have had and contrast that with your needs.  I would also go to their web sites to see how they handled the issues each has.  For me the Reilly seemed the best for my needs and wants.  I'm still putting my car together but I know I'll be happy when it all comes together.  For legal reason's most of the after market companies state these are race only.  There are a lot of owners of both products who will gladly tell you how happy or unsatisfied they were with the product.  I found that Reilly has been in business a long time and has improved on his product over time.  There are significant improvements to the product offered today compared to ten years ago but most of the owners who bought back then are still satisfied with the value they got.  Although they would like some of the enhancements offered today (most of which can be purchased form Reilly).

Just keep asking the questions, reading the articles people have on the products and generally you'll find what your looking for.  A lot of parts from Magnum are very good.   I just felt the total package I wanted was offered by their competitor.

Offline torqueaddict

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2010 - 06:20:01 PM »
You know guys I called Reilly talked to the owner and was sold. He assured me if there was ANY failure he would take care of it, that there had been none to date, and that he welds all the A arms himself. I dont know the man but any man that would tell me that either speaks from his word or is a bad businessman. I am satisfied, if there is a prob when I get them I will let everyone know.