I did the test from the battery posts to the alternator case and the output post and it reads ok.
I will test the coil tomorrow.
As far as the carbs, I think I am done with Phase 1:
It seems to be idling well now
Now, on to the next step, which I think may have to do with the secondaries, only because I havent done much adjusting with them. Basically, its the jetting, idle screws, float level, mechanical links on the left and vacuum action on the right. Not much else I can do. Anyways, I installed 80 jets front and rear as a start hoping they would be close.
Whats happening still is I am getting dieseling, which I thought couldnt happen with a MSD6AL system, but
Then, sometimes, especially trying to restart the engine just moments after shutting it down after running it a few minutes, it will cough and spit backwards a huge puff of brownish smoke back through the air filter. Tonight it spit what looked like a raincloud into my garage.