Barracuda Challenger Forum

Author Topic: 1967 Barracuda Restoration *New Pictures!*  (Read 3981 times)

Offline 67 Cuda

1967 Barracuda Restoration *New Pictures!*
« on: April 06, 2005 - 09:14:11 PM »
Hello folks.  I'm new here.  I'm 18 and go to college in Golden, CO at the Colorado School of Mines.  So enough about me.  My girlfriend's parents have restored a 1939 Chevrolet Street Rod.  I went to a crap ton of shows with them and my love of Mopar has grown beyond control.  I saw Chargers, Challengers, and of course, my favorites, Cudas.  I've even seen a 1970 Hemicuda which put me in heaven.  I kept going off to my girlfriend's father about how I loved Mopar.  Welll... he informed me of a Barracuda that was under a tarp, some hay bales, etc. in a farmers field.  I about cried when I heard of such a Mopar rotting away in a field.  Well, after some negotiation, I purchased the car.  Well, the girlfriend's parents bought it and I bought it from them.  They bought it because they know the guy so they could get a better deal out of him.  Here it is, folks, in all its glory.

Okay, don't blame me for crappy pictures, the girlfriend took it.  When I go back home (in Nebraska) I'll get better pictures.  The restoration starts this summer with an all new interior.  Now, it has a 383 in it but it has mice living in it, it has sat out in the elements for God knows how long, etc.  I was wondering if I should just fix up the 383, build an all new 440, fix the 383 and eventually drop in something larger, or what.  I want to do a stroked 440, but I want input from real Mopar muscle enthusiasts.  I hardly run into any of those around here.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2005 - 08:58:47 PM by 67 Cuda »

Cuda-Challenger.com

1967 Barracuda Restoration *New Pictures!*
« on: April 06, 2005 - 09:14:11 PM »

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
Re: 1967 Barracuda Restoration
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005 - 09:19:34 PM »
Welcome aboard!!!  Man yet another young gun to join our posse. :laughing:  That looks like a solid project for sure.  You should check out B*tch N Blue's '69 notchback he's building.  It's pretty sweet!!! :drool:
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline 67 Cuda

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005 - 09:24:11 PM »
Yeah, I'm planning on doing this restoration over the course of a few years.  I just signed a lease for housing next year, I have to save up for college expenses, and I live on my own in the summer anyway.  So the first thing I'm shooting for is just fixing up some of the interior this summer.  I noticed Laysons.com has some nice parts.  i could not believe the price of door panels.  Thanks for the warm welcome.  I'm glad to finally find a site dedicated to my dream cars. :D

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005 - 09:26:41 PM »
Welcome to the board 67 Cuda! Nice barn find! And, it's always great to see these cars being brought back to life. If it was me, I'd just rebuild the 383 since you already have it.

I hope you stick around and keep posting cause we love to see the before, during and after pics!
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!
San Antonio, TX                               

Btch n Blue

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005 - 09:38:40 PM »
Welcome aboard... let me off you some advice from a fellow youngin' who's resto-modifying a '69 notchback...

Here's what you've got there... that's a '67 Formula S 383 Notchback... most likely power steering, I noticed a high end steering wheel, possibly power drum brakes (10" would be my guess with a big block), bucket seats (SWEET!) and what almost looks to be a solid body! Great find! :thumbs:

Feel free to check out my website (http://mikescuda.net/pictures.html) - tons up there from my 3 years resto - which is almost finished (but are they really?!)...

Stick around, ask questions, and enjoy yourself... oh, post more pics...we're pic whores here!! :grinyes:

Offline 67 Cuda

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2005 - 10:13:33 PM »
Holy cow, now that's what I was hoping to find.  Thank you so much, man.  You told me a lot more about the car that I didn't know about!  Well... I'm even more pumped about fixing this puppy up!! Extremely beautiful 'Cuda by the way.  I'll try and be on as often as I can.  In the summer I work at a local college and work on the farm on the weekend.  The house I stay at does not have internet or cable or phone (I have a cell phone, phew).  So I will try to get on the girlfriend's puter often to keep you guys informed.  Thanks so much for the info!  I knew I could trust some other Mopar nuts for help!  Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Btch n Blue

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2005 - 10:18:38 PM »
No problem... feel free to shoot me an email anytime (it's in my profile!)... if you can get us either the VIN number off the upper part of your dash on the driver's side or your fender tag numbers (driver's side as well under the hood on the inner engine bay fender), we call tell you a LOT more about your car!!! :thumbs:

Offline 67 Cuda

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2005 - 10:21:56 PM »
As soon as I get home next weekend I'll get those.  This weekend I'm not headed back because it's E-Days!!  That guy has no idea of what kind of 'Cuda he has sitting there. :-X

Online Topcat

• Permanent Resident
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2005 - 10:24:06 PM »
Quick question. Is that an original 383 in it?
BTW, welcome aboard also.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline 74chall

• Mopar or No Car
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2005 - 10:37:16 PM »
HOLY COW!!! 67 FORMULA S with buckets rallye dash big block !!!! What a freakin find!!!
THat is an awesome story. Thats cool your girlfriend is involved also. Welcome to the young gun club!!! You'll get addicted to this place!  :burnout:

Offline 4Cruizn

• Global Moderator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2005 - 10:58:17 PM »
Welcome!!  Nice car!!!  Yeah this is a cool place!! 

Online Topcat

• Permanent Resident
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2005 - 11:42:38 PM »
HOLY COW!!! 67 FORMULA S with buckets rallye dash big block !!!! What a freakin find!!!
THat is an awesome story. Thats cool your girlfriend is involved also. Welcome to the young gun club!!! You'll get addicted to this place! :burnout:

Let's not assume it was built with a B blk. Yes, that is the way it sounds, But until it's officicial
let's not guess.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline 67 Cuda

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2005 - 11:53:06 PM »
The guy has done nothing to it.  As far as I know it's all original.  He got it in hopes of restoring it but got involved in a '67 SS Camaro (which my girlfriend's sister bought).  That Camaro has a 327, but he said if you lined them up, that 'Cuda would tear up the Camaro.  Norm said it runs like a scared rabbit. ;D  I haven't fired it up (no air cleaner on it).  Everything is original.  He has the grill and fenders but they're in the basement in his house.  He said he has all the body parts, they're just not all attached.  I might even get this thing for free...  He just wants it gone.  I just need to pick it up.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2005 - 11:54:43 PM by 67 Cuda »

Offline Ghost

• Resident
  • I miss my Barracuda :(
    • American Muscle Racing League
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2005 - 12:46:19 AM »
Well, we all know that the A body Barracudas were the best ones, and, a Formula S, if its real, is an awesome find! :thumbs:
I'm Ghost, and I approve this message.

Paid for by the Ghost for President campaign.

Swedefish

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2005 - 01:18:00 AM »
Hi 67 Cuda and welcome to the best Mopar board ever.
Great find,and rare.If it`s a Formula S/383 there should be front discs and swaybar up front,no power steering or aircond.8 3/4" rearend with torqboxes in front of rear leafsprings,150 miles speedometer.Some moore pics later on would be nice.There were around 1770 Formula S made -67

Cuda-Challenger.com

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2005 - 01:18:00 AM »