Barracuda Challenger Forum

Author Topic: New season of graveyard cars jan 8th  (Read 3895 times)

Offline RB2929

Re: New season of graveyard cars jan 8th
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2013 - 06:43:47 PM »
The show picked up after the wedding ceremony.

I knew the whole bit about Mark having his new son-in-law learn about the legacy Challenger would be answered later on in the show.  It was, kind of, with Mark buying his son-in-law a new SRT 8, kind of.

Expanding on Tin Cudas comments about Lemmings; please understand the big picture. Not everyone watching the show is a member here. Theres going to be a lot of basic info covered.  That being said

I can do without the drama. If Daren (the tall guy) has an issue working there and listening to Mark (the Boss), well, quite frankly, fire him. Im willing to bet that Mark can find other Mopar lovers in Oregon to take Darens place.  Heck, double my paycheck and I can do it - And I know the difference between a 318 Chally and a R/T.

Royal the quiet one, seems to be working without having to be told to.  Give that man a raise.

Got to agree with the others here that DVRd the show; skip commercials and the drama.
I was hoping that with the reshoot of season two that a lot more How-To would make its way into final production.

Oh, cutting up the 71 440-6 pak Cuda, shouldnt there be support braces welded inside the car?
- Just a thought.

Maybe Mark will log into this site and see our responses.

Cuda-Challenger.com

« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2013 - 06:43:47 PM »

Offline inviolet

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2013 - 07:59:46 PM »

Oh, cutting up the 71 440-6 pak Cuda, shouldnt there be support braces welded inside the car?
- Just a thought.

I agree not much left of Cuda,,,,Should have supports welded in or even maybe built on a Jig. But I think as long as the roof stays on your ok.

Offline Jamiez

• Retro
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2013 - 06:52:54 PM »
I have to say so far this season is moving in the right direction.  I swear the cutting the panels off the 71 was more coverage of actual work than they had in the entire first season.

Offline cudagirl4406pk

• Yes i am a Girl and No you cant drive my CUDA
    • Garageartmusclecars
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2013 - 07:14:32 PM »
We really enjoyed this episode hope they are all as good as this one was.I would have welded braces in the car for stability but not everyone is the same.Congrats to mark and his team.

michele
Yes i am a girl and no you cant drive my MOPAR :)

Offline Jamiez

• Retro
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2013 - 07:22:09 PM »
I agree not much left of Cuda,,,,Should have supports welded in or even maybe built on a Jig. But I think as long as the roof stays on your ok.

My guess is the car is so bent, it wasn't worth supporting it. :)

Offline slsc98

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2013 - 09:19:06 PM »
Hopefully they will focus on building instead of drama. Either way I will watch it

Hopefully they will actually show them working on the cars instead of all the stupid crap they do.

Ya, these are the same "hopes" everyone in my household (and, I imagine just about most mature adults) had.  So much for hope, huh?

The show is really kind of growing on me.  At first I was very disapointed.  I thought that what a shame it was to have a Mopar only show and all they had was a couple of guys playing around and seeing how they could annoy each other.  Now I get it.  It is still not one of my absolute favorite shows, but it is curtainly watchable.  I doubt that any of us would learn any thing about Mopars by watching the show but I could see someone just getting started in our hobby could learn a thing or two.  Anything that encourages new participants to get into the Mopar game is ok in my book.

TinCuda, I applaud your positive outlook. I seriously doubt I will ever "get it" when it comes to this show (until they "get it" and "get with"  / get in synch with their viewing audience, which they're losing more of every week) but, I gotta respect your level of tolerance. On the other hand, and I consider myslef to be a pretty "average" or "mainstream" person, I sincerely feel this show alone portends to DRIVE AWAY more people who might be sniffing around the fringes of the hobby than it would / could ever attract. I mean, c'mon, really . . .

The guy up here in Canada that bought my 71 440+6 Cuda said he had these guys restore a couple of cars for him with great results. Quality work and cheaper then average prices... :dunno:

I honestly cannot remember the last time ANY TV show / series disappointed me as much as "Graveyard Carz" does but, I intend to never let my disgust over the transparent (really, REALLY third-rate) drama, p*ss poor acting, Mark's seeming fascination with himself or wasted footage cross over to have me make any 'assumptions' as to their ability to actually re-build / resurrect pieces of automotive art!

Hats off to anyone that can do a tv show and operate a restoration business at the same time.

I'll go ya one further: hats off to anyone that can do a tv show actually about restoring cars and operate a restoration business at the same time!

After viewing the show I would like to hear from all that watched for your opinions. I still have Mark's personal Email address I'm sure that he would like to know what our opinions are.

PLEASE bear in mind your first sentence; and, I would REALLY appreciate it if Mark got a chance to see all our comments. I am not sure his appreciation would be in turn, though. Definitely feel free to forward mine: Graveyard Carz, as it is currently being produced, is without a doubt one of the auto TV-magazine industry's greatest opportunities lost but, depending on Mark's motivations, I truly don't think it is too late for him / the producers to turn this thing around and produce a show worthy of the cars they are restoring, not to mention the valuable time and sensibiities of the intended viewing audience.

Mark does good work and really does love Mopars.
I will never slight Mark's work until he works on a car of mine and give sme reason to. I should be so lucky to have access to him and I am sure he'd get everything on the car, perfectly right. I guess that is why I am so disappointed in him / the show (d*mn p*ssed off, actually) - - -  this is such a missed opportunity. Not just for us, the viewers but, for him, his employees, and his family, as well. What a shame, man . . ., what a shame . . .

All the drama is for the masses of lemmings to keep the ratings high enough to stay on the air.
I don't believe that for a minute. First of all, "the masses" don't watch specialized auto industry TV-magazine shows on the Speed or Velocity channel (just one reason why the cable companies don't include it in the basic, "for the masses" packages). Secondly, the shows "for the masses" do drama much, much better than Graveyard Carz does. Pick ONE thing and be great at it (e.g, restore cars). And, don't do a second thing (e.g., half-*ss a weekly TV magazine) that will hurt your credibility in how you do the first.

Came on at 9:00 and I shut it off by 9:06 when the wedding crap started.  Mark does a bad job at acting (none of them are good actors) like a tough guy. Hopefully they took the viewers advice/criticism and will actually feature working on the cars instead of all the other crap but I ain`t holding my breath.

I couldn't agree more; and dang, there is that "hope" word again. Like the 3rd or 4th time the viewers have expressed "hope" for Graveyard Carz taking a fresh direction . . . but, is Mark (or the producers, or anyone) listening?

That's the beauty of DVR, I ffwd through it. It is a shame he tries so hard to come off that way

Yep, that what's we've decied we're doing; we're recording it only and we now fast forward with the sound off past any scenes with Mark in them at all (especially is his lips are moving), just looking for any shots of the cars or anyone else talking (especially Royal. And, I don't think its a 'shame' Mark W. dilutes what could be a great auto-show; to me, it is not only unnecessary, it is unexcusable.

Honestly this show has almost 10 minutes worth of interesting....the rest is for house wives...........

Yep; and, FWIW, everyone I know now refers to it as simply, "B*tches with Wrenches" (and that is NOT intended as ANY kind of a slam against any female --- the woman I watched this season's first episode with put it aptly, "Holy crap, these guys whine more than any woman I have EVER known!")

I can do without the drama. Got to agree with the others here that DVRd the show; skip commercials and the drama. I was hoping that with the reshoot of season two that a lot more How-To would make its way into final production.

For the record, that's like the 4th or 5th (at least) reference to "hope" for Graveyard Carz taking a fresh direction (hopefully, before Mark's p*ss-poor acting makes them and the entire show obsolete. Definitely a ticking clock, though . . .)

Oh man, we can only hope . .  oops, make it 7 "hopes", now!

My guess is the car is so bent, it wasn't worth supporting it. :)

Change the word 'car' to 'show' and it sounds like that could be a "tombstone phrase" for the demise of Graveyard Carz, UNLESS Mark logs on here, does some reflection and decides to re-focus the show (and cameras) on what the show is SUPPOSED to be about. That is, THE CARS, man!

Thank gosh for DVR's and the Fast Forward button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JAN 29 UPDATE and "Fair Play". Last night's episode IMHO was a dramatic improvement in the right direction -- the first 37 minutes (and then the last 10 minutes) were the kind of production that would (will) keep me, and I'm surethe broadest demographic of viewers, coming back. Kudos on the episode featuring completion of the green '71 Charger and the visit to every Mopar-lover's dream customer's garage!  D*mn incredible collection that gent owns!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013 - 04:54:51 PM by slsc98 »

Offline TinCuda

• 'Cuda
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2013 - 12:42:31 AM »
If you would like to share your thoughts directly, they have a Facebook page that you can write your comments on.  I could not tell you if they are taking the advise, but I can tell you that they are reading it.  They reply very often, either Mark, Darren, or someone from their staff.  It's a start.

(O O [             SRT ] O O)
(O O {]{]{]||[}[}[} O O)
{||O||}

2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8
1971 Plymouth 'Cuda 440-6
2008 Dodge Charger R/T Hemi
2007 Dodge Dakota Magnum
2000 Yamaha V-Max
Doing my part to leave a big carbon footprint!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Shot at 2012-09-05

Offline _Russ_

• Not very family friendly!
  • Chk Chk Boom!
    • Show Me How To Live
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2013 - 01:01:20 AM »

I can do without the drama. If Daren (the tall guy) has an issue working there and listening to Mark (the Boss), well, quite frankly, fire him. Im willing to bet that Mark can find other Mopar lovers in Oregon to take Darens place.  Heck, double my paycheck and I can do it - And I know the difference between a 318 Chally and a R/T.

Royal the quiet one, seems to be working without having to be told to.  Give that man a raise.

You won't see any of these guys get fired or quit. This is a side business, with the show paid for by the owner himself, Mark Worman

They're (Mark, Royal, Darren) all great friends and seems they have been for years. Their relationship is fine and they know how to work with each other. The drama is only there because the cameras are there. They're showing you a few minutes of arguments, but not the entire week of solid work. It's no different to any workplace involving good friends. Pushing each others buttons for the fun of it.

Offline greenzeppelin

• Thank you all for your help, its much appreciated!
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2013 - 02:30:05 AM »
Anybody know if they are airing this show in Canada?
Cody

1973 Dodge Challenger 340, 4spd, 18x8 & 18x9.5

1988 Plymouth Reliant (K-Car!!) 2.5L, auto

2001 Chev Silverado 5.3L, 4x4, 6" lift, 20x10 w/33's

Offline Greenmeanie

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2013 - 08:48:44 PM »
I like the show a lot. I actually spoke to Mark today he's a really nice guy whom has a passion for the cars. Very knowledgable. He helped me out a few months ago when I was buying my CUDA.  He didn't know me and he took the time out of his busy day to help me out. Last couple of shows were pretty good in my opinion and I really enjoyed watching them. I'm actually gonna watch the back to back episode reruns of season 2 first 2 episodes tonight on velocity. Also keep watching cuz my CUDA and I may be on season 3.   :bigsmile:
1970 Cuda 383 4 Speed  (O^--^===|===^--^O)

Offline TinCuda

• 'Cuda
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2013 - 11:02:51 PM »
I like the show a lot. I actually spoke to Mark today he's a really nice guy whom has a passion for the cars. Very knowledgable. He helped me out a few months ago when I was buying my CUDA.  He didn't know me and he took the time out of his busy day to help me out. Last couple of shows were pretty good in my opinion and I really enjoyed watching them. I'm actually gonna watch the back to back episode reruns of season 2 first 2 episodes tonight on velocity. Also keep watching cuz my CUDA and I may be on season 3.   :bigsmile:

That's cool that you are going to be on the show.  Let us know when so we can watch for you.

(O O [             SRT ] O O)
(O O {]{]{]||[}[}[} O O)
{||O||}

2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8
1971 Plymouth 'Cuda 440-6
2008 Dodge Charger R/T Hemi
2007 Dodge Dakota Magnum
2000 Yamaha V-Max
Doing my part to leave a big carbon footprint!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Shot at 2012-09-05

Offline MizzouRT

« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2013 - 12:11:29 AM »
Like most people, this show only works for me on the DVR with a very heavy finger on the FF button.  Nothing wrong with having a personal / human interest angle but Carz goes totally overboard and turns what should be the stars (the cars) into barely seen background pieces.  Compare to Overhaulin', where the work on the cars is the focus of the show with the reveal for the owner as the human interest subplot that ties directly back to the main plot (overhauling the car!)  Can't recall EVER seeing a customer or their reaction on Carz.
Daily Driver: 2013 Challenger SRT 6 speed
Toy: 1970 Challenger

Offline _Russ_

• Not very family friendly!
  • Chk Chk Boom!
    • Show Me How To Live
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2013 - 03:56:32 AM »
Can't recall EVER seeing a customer or their reaction on Carz.

Most recent 2 episodes had 2 customers - owner dropping off the Daytona - as well as the returning couple form season 1, getting an update and checking out the progress on their 'Cuda.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013 - 04:00:41 AM by _Russ_ »

Offline Greenmeanie

« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2013 - 11:32:11 PM »
That's cool that you are going to be on the show.  Let us know when so we can watch for you.

Will do, thanks!  I signed today and right now we're working on the vehicle transport details.  Keep you guys posted, im really excited. :bigsmile:
1970 Cuda 383 4 Speed  (O^--^===|===^--^O)

Offline Graveyard Carz

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2013 - 10:43:07 PM »
Hello Everyone!

Mark here from GYC.

I'm sorry it's been a while since I stopped by to say hi. It's been pretty crazy getting season II wrapped up and off to the networks or I would have visited earlier.

I want to thank everyone on here for taking time to not only give Graveyard Carz a chance but also caring enough to comment on it. I do listen to feedback, it may not always show in the final edit of the show but I do listen and I am constantly trying to make GYC the best it can be.

We are in preproduction for season III and I'm glad we are. After episode 2 of Season II aired the week before last, the execs at Discovery called our distributor and said they want Season III (way before it's done) and where are we with it. The reason for that is GYC held the top spot two Tuesday's in a row for viewership on Velocity. That's episode 1 & 2. I have not heard rating on Episode III that aired last Tuesday but the feedback has been great in social forums.

I know a few folks have quoted my "masses" comment here. I would like to say that what I meant by that term is a broad demographic of people. My goal was never to make GYC a conventional car show. In fact I always said that it's a character show that just happens to be about cars. By adding the human element of the characters we are slowly crossing over in the ratings demographics. This is a good thing...trust me it is. The more diverse our audience the longer we can share our beloved Mopars with the world.

I get a lot of emails and private messages on FB from husbands and boyfriends telling me how much their wives and girlfriends LOVE the show. They love the banter and "The Office" feel of the show. I would encourage everyone who feels the show is "transparently dramatic" to watch it with a different perspective in mind. We are making a little show that enables us to share how cool the Mopar cars are,  why all of us Mopar lovers are so passionate about our cars and st the same time, bringing Chrysler muscle into 20 million homes around the world, a week.

I know a lot of folks want to see more how to and DIY stuff and I am working on that. I do want to incorporate more of that in the series but we are also going to launch a web series chocked full of just that. I'll keep everyone updated as we get that under way.

Okay, my carpel tunnel hands are asleep now so I am done typing :)

Thanks for listening and watching. Please don't hesitate if you have constructive suggestions or criticism on Graveyard Carz to share them. I do listen.

Mark Worman

Cuda-Challenger.com

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2013 - 10:43:07 PM »