Chryco's Tech Shop > The Body Shop sponsored by AUTO METAL DIRECT

Reproduction 71 Cuda Grilles

(1/43) > >>

johns cuda shop:
 I copied this post from Moparts, I wonder how much $$$ these are gonna be and if they are going to be injection molded from ABS .Nothing beats new plastic.  http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=6684429&an=0&page=0#Post6684429     :feedback:

C O D Y:
I'm excited to see what they look like in person at Carlisle!  The cost he was talking about a few months ago was reasonable.

CudamanTom:
They were put on ebay prematurely about a month ago along with the cheese graters. The price at that time was $1,200 for the grille and $200 for the graters. I emailed the guy that had them posted and he said there was a snag and had to pull them but said they would be out again this summer.
Now that's what the guy told me.
I hope the price holds true to what they were a month ago.
Since I'm on a budget, it would be nice.
It's got my attention. :thumbsup:

Edit: if I remember right, he said they were injection molded.

Tom

tommyg29:
not that I need one (but maybe I will one day) but I would imagine whoever produces one of these with decent oem type quality could sell hundreds...easily, and at $1200 thats well over $100,000 in sales. How much does it cost to produce the molds, etc. Maybe $20-$25K?
Cant be much more than that. How come these havent been produced? There is definitely a market for them. Heck, they could produce a very similar one that would fit the new challengers and sell hundreds of those easily.
I know its a complex piece, and I understand its all in the volume, but it cant cost THAT much.

brads70:

--- Quote from: tommyg29 on June 15, 2011 - 09:22:34 PM ---not that I need one (but maybe I will one day) but I would imagine whoever produces one of these with decent oem type quality could sell hundreds...easily, and at $1200 thats well over $100,000 in sales. How much does it cost to produce the molds, etc. Maybe $15-$20K?
Cant be much more than that. How come these havent been produced? There is definitely a market for them. Heck, they could produce a very similar one that would fit the new challengers and sell hundreds of those easily.
I know its a complex piece, but it cant cost THAT much.

--- End quote ---

Depends were the mold is built. I used to build molds for   die cast aluminum tranny housing s at just over 1 million a pop. Plastic injection is more as the tolerances are tighter. That's a big mold too for a grill.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version