Barracuda Challenger Forum

Author Topic: Hughes Engines?  (Read 1624 times)

Offline neifvneiurv

Hughes Engines?
« on: October 28, 2004 - 06:59:02 PM »
Has anyone ever used Hughes Engines (Washington, IL), either purchased an engine from them or had them rebuild your engine?  How were they?

Kevin

Cuda-Challenger.com

Hughes Engines?
« on: October 28, 2004 - 06:59:02 PM »

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Global Moderator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: Hughes Engines?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2004 - 03:08:57 AM »
from all the bad press this guy gets I would look elsewhere, all I have done is buy cams from him , but since he quit with Engle suppling the cams I have been buying from Engle & they have been better to deal with

Offline neifvneiurv

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2004 - 10:18:20 AM »
Bad press?  Can you give me examples, or point me to articles or discussion board threads that might give me an idea?

Thx, Kevin

Offline MAXcuda

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2004 - 12:25:24 PM »
See here: http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=535623&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

(no personal experience.  I just think this is what chryco is referring to)

Offline neifvneiurv

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2004 - 01:42:00 PM »
Hmmm, sounds like a case of "he said, she said".  I am staying out of that one, thx for the link though.  I am looking for firsthand experience on these guys.  I need an engine built.  I need someone that will install the parts I say are going into it, not someone that is going to give me the "hard sell" on his own stuff.  My first impression(s) of Hughes was one of arrogance.  The little diddy they put on their website, the one about supporting a competitor's products, was probably well-intentioned, but ill-presented.  Same for his article about the EM contest.  He seems like an "in-your-face" and arrogant kind of guy to deal with.  Know of any Mopar engine builders in the St. Louis area (or elsewhere)?  Someone who can do machine work and assemble (using the parts the customer requests)?

Kevin

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Global Moderator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2004 - 03:33:02 AM »
personal experience , if a cam goes bad Hughes will not help other then to sell you another cam
 Engle will help you & are very easy to deal with

Plum6Pak

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2004 - 08:38:40 AM »
http://moparengineswest.com/
This guy built mine, check out the site, you can even find mine in there in parts for sale, then click on the top one that says sold on the link button. From what I saw when I was there to pick mine up, he does some real nice work.  :)

Cuda-Challenger.com

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2004 - 08:38:40 AM »