Author Topic: installing washer bottle wiring diagram?  (Read 3160 times)

Offline Talkwrench

• Perth, Western Australia
Re: installing washer bottle wiring diagram?
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2010 - 08:26:50 pm »
All good info guys..
Dave, If I could get to the switch I would have done that,damn SOB of a thing,  however I figured that if the switch is working and going through the three speeds ok it shouldn't be a problem with earth ..?? :dunno:
It was going to park with the wipers off..

Shelby-dogg, Agreed my wiper [drivers side] does touch the metal plate,it just slightly twisted with wear,  however it does make it over it when going to park and its just the last inch or so it wont do.. But I will re-visit that problem about it touching.

swede-cuda Bra!  I could see the notch and where it was to go, originally when I took it off the little "dick" was just out of the notch to the top not in it, I tried the few millimeters in and out of the notch but it seemed to make no difference.

This seems to be quite a problem with the ebodies.. Thanks for all the input, I thought I was going to have a real problem with something so simple.
"Came too close to dying to stop living now!"

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2010 - 10:46:38 pm »
Does it go to the area of the stops if the plate is all the way off? if so, you may just need to put your wipers on a few teeth over on the shaft. If your motor is extending fully the wipers should stay off of the plate till you park them in the off position.
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0

Offline Talkwrench

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2010 - 08:18:42 pm »
I understand what you mean . I had to compromise a little, its the lower small guide arm of the drivers side that just touches it, if I move it over a notch or two it doesn't go down behind the hood, Im kind of cheating a bit as I need to pass licesning. I will hardly ever use the wipers.

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2010 - 12:04:27 am »
I know what you mean. I have to do this on all of my wipers. The driver's side has the little arm like you said.  That little arm is hanging down so that it is hitting the plate. 

What I do is take 2 vice grips and lock them on to the main arm. One on the top and one down low. I give the arm a little twist just so that larger arm is causing the little arm to lift, then stay up.  The rubber wiper will now be closer to 90 degrees compared to the glass.  Understand what I am bending? It fixed it everytime if the little arm is sticking on the plate.
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0

Offline Talkwrench

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2010 - 03:16:29 am »
I did it in a vice when I had the wiper arm off, still didn't quite get it, I'll give your way a shot while on the car.. :2thumbs: