Author Topic: .  (Read 1225 times)

Offline JS29NOB

« on: September 11, 2008 - 11:43:17 pm »
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010 - 10:09:29 pm by JS29NOB »

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
Re: Have you been waiting a long time for your new '09 Challenger?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008 - 11:59:35 pm »
My question was, is Dodge building the cars first ordered / first built? His answer was (and I will try to quote exactly as I heard him), They would like you to think that, but thats not how they are doing it. The large markets and high profile dealers are getting their cars first. As I said, this was from the Sales Manager at the local dealership.

I never worked for Chrysler, but based on my time at Ford and GM I'd guess that this is par for the course. The manufacturers have to keep the big dealers happy. I may be wrong on the stats, but I think I was told by a GM engineer that the top 20% of the dealers account for more than 50% of the sales. With numbers like that, the big dealers are pretty much going to get their way.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008 - 05:11:24 pm »
my 09 SRT(TorRed 6-spd) was ordered 06-30-08.....currently "C" status

Offline JS27N0B

• Resident
  • Member since Jan 28th 2003.
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008 - 11:18:20 pm »
We have sold 6 08 SRT's and have a large number of 09's on order that are still awaiting to have VIN"s assigned. We have been given some Challengers from Chrysler that are scheduled ahead of ones that we ordered, the word that is missing from the talk your sales manager gave is called "allocation". Just because a dealer ordered something doesn't mean they will get it. Allocation is earned based on sales volumes. This is why the larger dealer will end up with more of a desireable model than a small volume dealer. You may think this practise as being unfair but how else can Chrysler be alloting inventory to dealers to keep things even?
1970 Challenger R/T Convertible 383/auto 1 of 516 *now sold after owning for 18yrs
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited AWD
2013 Tige' RZR 343hp
2016 PCP Challenger SRT Hellcat

Offline DAYTONA

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008 - 12:02:24 am »
...my 09 hit "D" status this week, has a vin :bigsmile: