Author Topic: 4 X 10 speakers found  (Read 4318 times)

Offline 422STROKER

• Sr. Resident
  • Member Since 6/3/06
Re: 4 X 10 speakers found
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2009 - 07:04:36 pm »
Any chance you have tried it in the speaker hole yet to see if it fits?   I would like to order one.....

I haven't yet, some dolt had cut holes in the door panels so I filled those up instead, saving this one for the 70.

Tom

BTW Jim that looks great. :2thumbs:
Tom
12.77 @ 108.87 15" Street Drag radial tires 3.23 gear

Offline shadango

• Resident
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2009 - 05:07:26 am »
I ordered one from rgclassictunes.com.....$53 shipped.....of course they are in freaking california so it will be a week before I can report back on it.

Offline shadango

• Resident
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2009 - 01:23:07 pm »
Finally got around to this....or at least part of the install.

It installed, but not without a little coaxing....had to cut the metal dash hole a bit to clear the magnet and terminals on one side.....

Fits below the speaker grill in my dash cover ok.....

Havent hooked it up yet.....havent bought the head unit yet,.,...LOL

Offline 426HEMI

• Sr. Resident
  • My M46 Barracuda! Member Since:October 01, 2005
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2009 - 08:13:07 pm »
Hope you post how they work   :2thumbs:
Got a pretty good start on my M46 optioned Barracuda restoration but now it is on hold till I can gather more funds.  Still need a few parts for it.  SIU Graduate 75 AAS Automotive Tech, 94 BS Advanced Tech Studies, 1997 MSED Workforce Education and Development

1970 M46 Barracuda
1998 Dodge Darango

Gordon

Offline shadango

• Resident
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2009 - 09:31:35 pm »
I promise I will.....My kids are after me to get the head unit......Not going crazy...just a $100 Sony deal...but this is all about priorities..LOL

Besides...that music of the engine rumbling and winding out is what I wanna hear right now! :burnout:

(cant do a burnout yet like the emoticon shows...its a dog at the low end......but man alive when the rpms kick in she do move! :2thumbs:)

Offline shadango

• Resident
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2009 - 09:26:03 am »
Well, wish I could say I have better news....

The head unit is a brand new  Sony CDXGT330, 52 watts each channel.

I have found that when I have the DVC speaker hooked up and crank up the volume, the Sony unit shuts down and then starts up again....repeats until I turn the volume down.  I am assuming its some sort of safety device in the unit.

If I fade to just the rear speakers, the unit can crank up just fine, to distortion. If I have the front speaker up at all, the unit shuts down at higher volume levels.

If I use a low level volume the speaker plays OK, left and right channels.

Any ideas as far as what is wrong?  I am not familiar with DVC speakers....I assumed the ywork just like a regular speaker...My next step is to find a couple of speakers I can swap in for the DVC speaker as a test.....dont have any laying around the house.  I wonder if I could hook up a coupel of small speakers from my home entertainment system?

Offline shadango

• Resident
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2009 - 07:04:51 am »
Well, I think I have the issue licked.   :2thumbs:

I went over my wiring and connections and all was fine.....so I tried changing the ground wire out for the stereo first.  I had used the original power/ground plug on the car and didnt want to have to find a new acc-only hot feed if I didnt have to....I just cleaned that terminal a bit....then  I ran a new ground bypassing the original and so far, no more issues.

The speaker sounds great!  I have the fader favoring the back a bit, and the front speaker adds just enough fill to the soundscape.

Its amazing what the right tunes playing while cruising adds to the experience!   :ylsuper: