Chryco's Tech Shop > Suspension, Wheels/Tires, and Brakes

Moog Front End Kit Part Numbers

<< < (10/14) > >>

mickey:
Tried my new pit-man arm #k7076 Diameter, size of the hole is different, mine would be the taper size hole in pit-man arm the one i got was non-taper,there is also a different size in the thickness around the grease nibble area (could hit headers) order another thinking it was mixed up in packing.

K7041 Idler-man arm is also different, that it didn't come with any washers, which i would need to make up the space in the bracket on the K-Member, and also a thicker grease nibble area.
And neither of these Moog part #  had the rubber grease cups like the originals.  :banghead:

My car is a 1973 Challenger.

Anyone else notice these problems. thxs

blown74:
I have a 74 Challenger and I ordered a K7076 pitman arm and the diameter is too big.  :bricks1: It looks like a 1.125 inch diameter while my old pitman arm is a 1.0 inch diameter. Does that mean I have a steering box for a 71-72? I also have power steering. I've seen reference to part number 20144 but I believe that also has a 1.125 in diameter. Can anyone chime in here?? The bend for the K7076 seems to match perfectly but the hole size is about an 1/8 to big.

brads70:

--- Quote from: blown74 on October 23, 2011 - 02:00:27 AM ---I have a 74 Challenger and I ordered a K7076 pitman arm and the diameter is too big.  :bricks1: It looks like a 1.125 inch diameter while my old pitman arm is a 1.0 inch diameter. Does that mean I have a steering box for a 71-72? I also have power steering. I've seen reference to part number 20144 but I believe that also has a 1.125 in diameter. Can anyone chime in here?? The bend for the K7076 seems to match perfectly but the hole size is about an 1/8 to big.

--- End quote ---

Ya my guess is that you have the older steering box. ( 1970-72) To the best of my knowledge there are only the two sizes. My cars has the bigger sector shaft box ( 73-up) on it even though it's a 1970 . I'm under the impression the bigger shaft box is a better deal as parts are cheaper for that one . My guess is because they made many more of the bigger shafts boxes than the smaller one.

Good supplier here, ( good info too)
http://www.firmfeel.com/default.htm

Aracer:

--- Quote from: Katfish on November 24, 2010 - 04:09:37 PM ---Here's the info for the offset bushings

On my 1974 cuda the stock front bushings are all out towards the fender and the rear is not all the way in. The camber is top in  89.7*( I use a digital level on the center cap or wheel edge). If I rebuilt using offset's in the front only for more adjustment, I would be able to install new stock rear bushings all in, to get the most caster.
      The offset rubber is thin on the outside edge, so they seem good for drag racing's positive caster because it's cheeper than new tube arms.
   On the 68 cuda A body the rear is all in and the front is 1/3 the way in. (89.7* top in.) This car might use offsets on the rear to get more there, and have a round one on each front side.
      I start setting with the bushings front all out and rear all in and measure camber on the wheel and adjust from there. If you can get a small 2" digital level you can set it on the flat side of the spindle (under car) to compare the sides for equal caster (rear tilt).
--- End quote ---

KingCuda440:
I'm about to rebuild the suspension on my 73 Barracuda. I've got poly upper control arm bushings but I can't find poly lower control arm bushings. Is there a company that manufactures these?  Also, I have poly bump stops for my upper control arms. I'm contemplating using universal poly bump stops for the lower control arms instead of the factory triangular style. Has anyone tried this?  I have a deep oil pan and I thought this might limit bottoming out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version