Barracuda Challenger Forum

Author Topic: How You Found Your Car  (Read 48520 times)

Offline blown motor

• Resident
Re: How You Found Your Car
« Reply #240 on: January 05, 2017 - 11:04:09 AM »
Great story! I hope you put the same exhaust tips back on.  :roflsmiley:
In search of the eternal buzz!

Offline hooD

• detroit iron
  • Resident
  • Motor City Made Muscle
« Reply #241 on: January 05, 2017 - 11:05:07 PM »
In June of 1972 i had graduated from high school and my part time job became full time.  I walked into the Plymouth dealership a couple of months later and ordered a new 1973 cuda with a $60 deposit.  4 weeks later my cuda came in and the rest is history. 
-Larry
member since AUG 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvrWiLgDm7Y

southeastern michigan usa

1973 'CUDA 340

original owner
37,117 miles

:grinyes: *click my E-Body* :grinyes:

Offline Mickm

« Reply #242 on: January 10, 2017 - 08:09:49 PM »
Great story hooD. It is the same as mine except I did it a year earlier and did not end up getting the car.
Congrats, I wish I had gotten mine then and had it all these years.
Cheers!
Mickm

MickM

Offline E-body /6

« Reply #243 on: January 21, 2017 - 10:56:28 PM »
I was looking for a car to drive back and forth to work in. While looking through a PennySaver type advertisement paper. I noticed a 1970 Dodge Challenger for sale at a local Dodge dealership. Went to look there it was on thier used side of lot. A recent trade-in w/ 40k on the odometer, K2 Orange, Burnt Orange interior under the hood was a 225 slant 6. decked out in SE trim including 14" rallye wheels. Asking price $1,000. After a drive around the block, sat down w/ the salesman hashed out some details w/ a down and 50.00 a month. And she was mine in March of 1973. She's still mine with 562k on the car not the mechanicals, she's still a beauty.

Offline Cudakiller70

« Reply #244 on: January 21, 2017 - 11:05:27 PM »
I was looking for a car to drive back and forth to work in. While looking through a PennySaver type advertisement paper. I noticed a 1970 Dodge Challenger for sale at a local Dodge dealership. Went to look there it was on thier used side of lot. A recent trade-in w/ 40k on the odometer, K2 Orange, Burnt Orange interior under the hood was a 225 slant 6. decked out in SE trim including 14" rallye wheels. Asking price $1,000. After a drive around the block, sat down w/ the salesman hashed out some details w/ a down and 50.00 a month. And she was mine in March of 1973. She's still mine with 562k on the car not the mechanicals, she's still a beauty.
Holy smokes I remember the penny saver great paper sold and bought a lot of stuff :2thumbs:
Auto spell I'm tired of your shirt
The above is just my opinion
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams