Author Topic: You guys/gals had a big influence, so I might as well say hello.  (Read 3337 times)

Offline Four-Forty-fied

You guys/gals had a big influence, so I might as well say hello.
« on: January 16, 2006 - 11:26:47 PM »
Okay, let's see... Bought this '74 about a year ago with a 383/4-spd. All I did was check to see what was the biggest tire I could stuff under it and found this place. Oh, a 3/4" inboard shackle kit? Super Stock springs, huh? How about a Sure Grip. Might as well get rid of those 3.23's. Gunna need some sub-frame connectors... Now look what happened! 440. 5-spd. RMS coil over K-frame. 13" rotors & 6 piston calipers. '70 tail lights, grille. and side marker lights. Does it ever end? (I hope not.)

P.S. I hope the photos work. I know you love those photos.

Offline 71340RT

• Resident
Re: You guys/gals had a big influence, so I might as well say hello.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006 - 12:03:54 AM »
Welcome to the site. Looks like you will have a great Cuda when it's done. I can really relate to what your going through as I've been working onmy 70 Cuda for coming up on 5 years now and have only dorve it down the block and back. Stick around and enjoy the site it's the best Cuda Challenger site Ive found and I spend all my extra time here when I'm not in the garage with my second love. MOPAR'S
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006 - 06:42:47 AM by Rev-It-Up »

70 Plymouth Cuda 340 4-speed
71 Dodge Challenger RT 340 automatic
1973 Dodge Challenger 360 automatic EFI
2002 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide
2003 Dodge Stratus RT coupe
2009 Challenger RT Classic B5 Blue
2014 Ram Express 5.7 Hemi 4X4

Offline Carlwalski

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006 - 12:12:29 AM »

Welcome aboard mate!!!  :ylsuper: :bananasmi :thumbsup:
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
White, License Plate, 0A-5599
540ci Aluminium Hemi, F.A.S.T EFI
TF-727 Gear Vendor OD, Dana 60

Offline Hemi Challenger

• Nothing run better then a HEMI
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006 - 05:18:39 AM »
That is going to be a nice Mopar when you are done and the Engine look great, also WELCOME to Cuda-Challenger.Com

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006 - 06:47:15 AM »
Welcome to the board!!! That's going to be one gorgeous car when you are finished! :clapping:  I think you've put many of us to shame with the neatness of your parts storage!!!

Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Oldschool

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006 - 07:56:48 AM »
Welcome aboard triple F!   :wave:  Great looking car that is soon to the envy of your friends and neighbors I'm sure.   :thumbsup:  Good luck with and keep us posted on your progress.   :cooldancing:  .........Oldschool

Offline Four-Forty-fied

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006 - 10:55:52 AM »

Thanks for all the kind words!

I figured I should post a picture of my first Mopar. It's a 1985 W150 I bought it in Arizona when I was 17. (Okay, I bought a fifth of it, and my father spotted me the rest.) 360, 727, NP208, 9.25" & Dana 44 (3.23/open). I put the '93 grille on it, 4" Rancho leafs up front, 8" Superlift lifts out rear (tossed the 3.5" stock blocks), 33x12.5r15 Super Swampers (not pictured), a manual Transgo shift kit, and a Vanillaroma air freshener.

That beast could go anywhere, even with the open diff's and had unsurpassed ruggedness. The 360 proved to me that any stories that I initially thought were BS about the toughness of the 318 and /6 had to be true. It once injested the choke linkage from the Quadrajet and I drove all the way home with what eventually became a 4 cyl. (if I had a single plane intake, I might not have made it.) Pulled the molten ball of metal out with a telescoping magnet, regapped the plugs, and drove that thing for years a-okay until I sold it. I also drove it about 5 miles without any coolant, and a separate time, nearly 100 miles without any oil pressure indicated, and less than 1/2 quart of oil in the pan. Thing just wouldn't quit. Once, I did blow the pinion 1/2 way out of the 9.25", but that's why they made 4 wheel drive. Just pulled the rear drive shaft and went home.

Oh, and if any of you think that this is how I will treat the 'Cuda, fear not. Those were all off roading stories! Think remote Arizona desert, deep Hawaiian jungles, and Long Island expressways.

I had it for about 8 years. The Cuda's 440 pictured above was originally slated for the truck. The navy sort of stopped my frame up rebuilding plans, and I left it in Hawaii. When the Cuda is done, I'll get another one just like it. Afterall, I have a spare 383 now!

Offline Rev-It-Up

• Global Moderator
  • Permanent Resident
  • Member Since 2/20/02
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2006 - 11:01:00 AM »
and a Vanillaroma air freshener.

:roflsmiley: :roflsmiley:  You're going to be fun to have around!
Rev-It-Up                                                             Yes, I'm a girl!

Offline Street_Challenged73

• Sr. Resident
  • '73 FC-7 Challenger..Member since October 20, 2002
    • My '73 Challenger Restoration Page
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2006 - 12:20:29 AM »
Welcome to the site, Four-Forty-fied!!! I'm glad you found the place as your car looks like you're doing a good job with the restoration and it sounds like it's going to be one nasty E-body when you're finished with it.  I'm looking forward to following your buildup as you progress with it.
1973 Dodge Challenger......................The ongoing project. (00/----\00)
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin-Turbo....The sunny day cruiser (RTBoost)
1990 Toyota Celica GT Liftback...........The new daily & winter driver.
All-American Muscle: 'Cudas and Challengers...Still the Elite and always will be.

Street_Challenged73 from Wisconsin

Offline ROMI

• 71 Challenger R/T 340 4 speed, Lapeer Michigan
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2006 - 05:10:35 AM »
This guy's hooked.. he's even got a parts storage room painted the same color as his Cuda !  Hello 440fied.

Offline Plum6Pak

• Resident
  • Plum6Pak
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2006 - 06:22:32 AM »
 :iagree:   :ylsuper:  You'll fit in here just fine! Welcome, hope you enjoy your stay here, post often and have a good time!

Offline 70Challey340

• I'm just Plum Crazy over mopars
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2006 - 09:02:56 AM »
Welcome aboard!   :wave:  Looks like you have got a great start; it's hard to stop once you have found a car you like.  Looks like your truck has been through a lot.   :wow:
1970 Challenger 340

Offline GoMango

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2006 - 09:42:16 PM »
Welcome aboard! Funny how a little project turns into a BIG project in no time :pullinghair:
70 Challenger R/T
(Back on the road--1st time since '96)

Offline AprilsPink72Cuda

• Global Moderator
  • Resident
  • 1972 'Cuda 340/Wappingers Falls, NY
    • Klondike's Website (Check it out!)
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2006 - 10:36:42 AM »
Glad you found us, you seem like you are well on your way to having an awesome Mopar!  Best of luck to you!

Offline Four-Forty-fied

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2006 - 02:12:59 PM »
Thanks for all the encouragement! ROMI- that's funny about the parts storage room. Never thought about it like that! While I was originally planning on having it painted curious yellow, I am now set on black. Hope I don't have to repaint the room.

I don't have any new pictures, but it turns out that I need a new trunk floor. Under the paint, it was Swiss cheese and bondo. There's also rot where the vinyl top chrome trim was attached, and the body where the front passenger side trunk lid corner meets is pretty bad. I sure hope that there aren't any more surprises. I'll take some photos when it is fully media blasted.

I also have quite a few parts left over now that I should photograph and put in the parts for sale section. For example:
an A833 tranny, bigblock bellhousing, LCA's w/ the swaybar bracket, V8 K-frame, 489 third member (3.23/open I think), 8-3/4 E-body housing (I also have another 8-3/4 housing that I don't know what it's from. Supposedly a B-body, but not sure which generation. I'll have to take measurements.), disc brake spindles w/ new (cheap Chinese?) rotors and calipers... I don't know what any of it's worth. There is a local guy that expressed interest in some of the stuff, but I haven't heard from him in a while. All I know is that my restoration is getting more and more expensive, and my overtime shifts are getting less and less available!