Author Topic: Are tubular lcas worth the money  (Read 282 times)

Offline leanburn

Are tubular lcas worth the money
« on: May 20, 2019 - 04:52:50 pm »
 I have to remove my lcas and while Im at it I was going to add some stiffening plates & new bushings so I was thinking of going with qa1s instead.
 I know theres no weight savings so is there any advantages at all ?

Offline rusty dodge

• 74 challenger 440-727-3:55
Re: Are tubular lcas worth the money
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019 - 09:28:19 pm »
I bought them and returned them. Advantage is they have the bushings and are all new ready to go. They perform same function as the originals as far as I could tell. I found the pivot shaft they use is under size in the diameter that locates it into the hole in the K member. I suppose it would work but it wont be locating on the taper and lock into the K member the same way as the originals. My original LCA pivot shafts are shaped same as the proforged brand ones as in this picture. I reused my original arms with the proforged bushing and pivot shaft.

Offline leanburn

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019 - 11:26:33 pm »
Thanks for the reply.  Thats to bad, Ive hear nothing but great things on their other products. I guess Ill fix my stockers.

Offline 70chall440

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019 - 11:10:11 pm »
I've never tried the tubular LCAs but thats because in my mind the factory ones are better (as in stronger, fit better, etc.). I am sure this probably isn't 100% true as they have tested them but as I look at them mechanically, I just don't believe they are as good and if you have good stock ones, it doesn't really give you anything you don't already have.
Current Mopar
70 Challenger RT 440-6 EFI, 73 Cuda 416-6 EFI
05 Hemi Durango, 01 Ram 4x4, 14 Ram 2500 4X4, 10 PCP Challenger 6 spd RT, 01 Viper GTS ACR, 52 B3B w/330 Desoto Hemi, 70 Hemi RR (under const)
Past Mopars
9 x Challengers. AAR Cuda, 4 RR, 2 GTX, 4 Chargers, etc... (too many to list)