Author Topic: 1974 Dodge Challenger Project Car - For Sale  (Read 60 times)

Offline Tubbed440

• Suspension NinJa
1974 Dodge Challenger Project Car - For Sale
« on: May 14, 2019 - 10:06:13 am »
It's a been a long while since I've been on here and posted in my build thread - lots of "life" happening over the years for sure and I just cant seem to make the time or funds to make this project happen.  I have not worked on my car in over 8 years, so I believe it would be best to let someone else have a crack at it. 

Some of you may remember this build thread - I'll try and get the pics back in it soon. 

http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27484.0

Here goes what I can remember off the top of my head:

1974 Dodge Challenger Rallye - originally metallic green with bucket seats, console and floor shifter. Small block with automatic transmission, rallye hood, stripes and gauge cluster.  I no longer have the gauge cluster, original engine or transmission.

Drive train:
440 based 500 cubic inch stoker, H beam rods, ARP 2000 rod bolts, Billet steel main caps, forged steel crank. Heads are Edelbrock Victor Aluminum, Max wedge port window and have been gasket matched to fit a sheetmetal intake that I custom made for multi-point fuel injection - the intake has a Wilson Manifolds 105mm single blade throttle body. Valves have been fitted and lapped, but need spring cups to finish valve spring installation. I can supply both of the oiling systems - 1. is a stock style pan that has been modified to hold 7 quarts of oil with a Milodon single line static pickup. 2. is a dry sump oil pan that I fabbed from scratch with crank scraper (aluminum) with a 4 stage Peterson dry sump pump.  I have all the lines and fittings necessary for installation, along with dry sump tank and breathers. The short block is complete and ready, but will need head gaskets, push rods and rocker arms to install the heads on the short block.  The engine is mounted in the car with a motor plate. Block has adaptors for reverse cooling flow and I have a meziere electric water pump (brand new) to handle the cooling duties- the lines are already made and bungs welded into the radiator. Radiator is a Fluidyne 5 inch thick, dual pass radiator from a short track NASCAR car, complete with plate oil cooler. Headers are custom made from stainless steel to fit this car for lots of ground clearance. 2 inch primaries with 3.5" merge collectors. I have Spintech oval inlet and outlet mufflers and pipes with collector adaptors for installation.  They are very low profile (for ground clearance) about 2.5 inches thick.

Transmission:
GM 4L80E overdrive automatic transmission with Quick time SFI steel bell housing. This was custom designed by myself and Ross McCombs at quick time before he sold the company to Holley performance products. Transmission is in good shape with low miles, but may need to be re-sealed due to sitting for a while. I also have an electronic transmission controller (PCI) and two wiring harnesses for this, brand new in the box, and I have a transgo valve body kit that will allow you to run the transmission in full manual (like a manual valve body kit). Crossmember is custom made and installed, but transmission tunnel will need to be made in order to clear the trans. I have a drive shaft for the car, but will need a GM slip yoke to fit the 4L80E. I also have two flywheels for it, along with a 3200 stall (lock up) converter made by Fuddle Converters for it.

Suspension:
Front: Rielly Motor Sports Alter-K-tion, tubular K frame, tubular upper and lower controls arms, disk brakes and calipers, QA1 double adjustable coil overs with 650lb springs. Flaming river manual rack and pinion steering.  This suspension drops about 100lbs off of the front of the car and modernizes the suspension geometry, ride and handling.
Rear: Dana 60, narrowed 4 inches per side with 8-3/4 chrysler ends, Moser axles and auburn posi unit. Comes with 4:10 gears.  I have all new bearings and seals for installation of the gears and unit. Axles are currently installed, but the gear and unit are not.  Ladder bar and QA1 double adjustable coil overs in the rear.  Stock Rear wheel tubs have been split and widened 2.5 inches to accommodate 325-50-15 Mickey Thompson drag radials on 15x10,5 inch back space Boy Coddington Smoothie II's.  Fronts are same wheel, just 15x4 with BF Goodrich G-force T/A tires.

Misc:
The car has bucket seats from a early 90's mitsubishi eclipse, no rips tears or stains. Rear ladder bars and coil over mounts are tack welded in, awaiting final measurements and finish welding. The car has two brand new re-pop FULL quarter panels installed on the rear.  The hood is a VFN fiberglass Rallye reproduction that looks like the stock hood and weighs about 100lbs lighter.  I have a brand new headliner, carpet set, full weather stripping and a dash cap, all new in the box awaiting installation. I also have brand new marker lights for the car also (new in package).  I may have a new vinyl top also, I can't remember.  I have the console, hurst pro-matic 2 ratchet shifter(s) (1 for a 3 speed auto and 1 for a 4 speed auto), all the door panels and interior panels - and all glass minus windshield.  I also have a complete drivers door (extra) to replace the one currently on the car (prior damage to drivers door and it would be easier to replace than to fix). I have all the lines (hard and braided + fittings) for the fuel system, just don't have a fuel pump or regulator.  I do have a carbed intake (Wiend Team G) and carb (holley 850 spread bore) to go with it also - so the car can go either way - fuel injected for Carbed. Fuel system will support either, just buy the appropriate pump and regulator.  Car also has a full custom fabbed roll cage (12 point) made out of mild steel. Front and rear subframes have been tied together also using 2x3 tubing.

Parts the car is missing:
Rear bumper, original wiring harness (old one was junk) and instrument cluster and front windshield.  I have all new autometer gauges for the car (I was going to make a custom instrument cluster).  Speed-o, tach, oil pressure, fuel level and water temp.

12K OBO.

Located in Archdale NC (12 miles south of Greensboro)

You can reach me at my personal E-mail if you like: bryan.j.pittman@gmail.com

Click on the images below for the full size image. Thanks for looking!

74 Dodge Challenger
500 inch stroker, Full cage, ladder bars,
coil-overs, 4L80E, 325/50 M/T DR's....street car!
(work in progress)