Author Topic: Sad, Sad ending on my test drive  (Read 869 times)

Offline cuda346pk

Re: Sad, Sad ending on my test drive
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2019 - 10:08:41 pm »
No opinions out there on resale value? Anyone think I can get $10k out of it? I am gonna go ahead and create a new thread in the what's it worth section.
David - In Georgia

1972 'Cuda In-Violet 340 6 Pack 4 Speed 3.91 Sure Grip - Finally, after 27 years of waiting and dreaming it is real. Now the fun begins!

Offline 70chall440

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2019 - 10:22:05 pm »
I hate to say this but it is very hard to value at this point. I suspect that most don't want to piss you off with a low ball number. In reference to your question, I think it is probably worth $10K to the right person, the challenge is finding that person. The fear most will have is whether or not there is any damage to the drive train, the body damage is evident for the most part and if the drive train survived undamaged it would be a deal as there is more than $10K worth of parts there for sure, however if the drive train is wounded it changes the equation to a potential buyer. I am not saying it isn't worth it, just that the feeling for a buyer is that they are getting used parts and as such there is always an air of mystery and a gamble.

Not all trying to get you to lower your price, just putting this out there. Key here is finding the right person who needs what you have, has money available to buy it and time available (or anticipated) to devote to it (whether repairing or parting out). If there was someone who has a relatively clean project car, this would be an awesome swap and they would be money ahead not to mention selling off any parts they are not going to use.
Current Mopar
70 Challenger RT 440-6, 73 Cuda (under const)
05 Durango, 99 Dakota, 01 Ram 4x4, 14 2500 4X4, 10 PCP Challenger RT, 01 Viper GTS ACR, 52 B3B w/330 Desoto Hemi, 70 Hemi RR, 61 Jeep FC170
Past Mopars
9 x Challengers. AAR Cuda, 4 RR, 2 GTX, 4 Chargers, etc... (too many to list)

Offline cuda346pk

« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2019 - 11:41:32 pm »
I hear ya. Although no one needs to worry about pissing me off with a low #, I am trying to decide if it is worth buying it for salvage value. The Copart auction came in with a high bid of $6700 so that is the salvage value I can keep it for. I am not trying to be greedy and make a bunch of extra money but it has to be worth my while to sell it myself. I mainly want to have some "control" over where it goes so it will hopefully live again. I feel pretty certain I can get the $6700 out of it so I don't think it will be a losing proposition.
David - In Georgia

1972 'Cuda In-Violet 340 6 Pack 4 Speed 3.91 Sure Grip - Finally, after 27 years of waiting and dreaming it is real. Now the fun begins!

Offline 70chall440

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2019 - 11:24:32 am »
Well I am sure it will work out, E bodies are always in demand one way or another.
Current Mopar
70 Challenger RT 440-6, 73 Cuda (under const)
05 Durango, 99 Dakota, 01 Ram 4x4, 14 2500 4X4, 10 PCP Challenger RT, 01 Viper GTS ACR, 52 B3B w/330 Desoto Hemi, 70 Hemi RR, 61 Jeep FC170
Past Mopars
9 x Challengers. AAR Cuda, 4 RR, 2 GTX, 4 Chargers, etc... (too many to list)

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2019 - 12:56:02 am »
I agree with all that. 

But my thought would be to take the list of paid for parts, remove 60% of the price.  Add 2500 on for the additional car parts. 
  But I'm looking at it in the idea of taking the parts and putting them on a car that needs those parts.

To purchase it to rebuild it as a runner again, I'd have to say it would need to be a deal. for me. 

or an M46.   :roflsmiley:
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2019 - 06:48:16 am »
I would think you could get $6700 back out of it in one way or another, though, I'm not sure how much more.

A lot of those replaced parts have little second-hand value, while some are decent ticket items. In the end, I think I'd go straight for the partout with the intention of scrapping the chassis. I think it's too far gone being a 72+ car, but that's just me. 70/71 and someone might get in there and try to fix it.
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link

Online jimynick

• Resident
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2019 - 10:36:05 pm »
And then there's the money issue. There's a whole slew of Canadians who might take a flyer at it, but with our currency in the toilet; $6700 is within $25 of being $9000 Canadian and that'll probably eliminate a large portion of those potential buyers, sad to say! Bummer!  :sadwavey: