Author Topic: Best current dash pad options  (Read 66 times)

Offline duodec

Best current dash pad options
« on: December 03, 2018 - 11:02:51 pm »
The December 2018 Mopar Action had a blip about new dashpads built on OE steel cores from a company called ABCMopar.

Which reminded me that I'll still need a dash pad at some point; mine got baked in the Nevada sun and has too many deep cracks to try to repair.  Over the years I've read about a lot of options; Ultimate Rides, Just Dashes, etc (mostly here) and pretty much all of them had problems with close fitment (or large problems all over the place).

Is there now anyone doing a really good job at reproducing or rebuilding (on OE steel cores of course) E-Body dashpads?  Can I buy one quite a while before actually being ready to install it (like I did with the Metro door and quarter panels) with very high likelihood of excellent fit?   Or is it still hit and miss.?

Thanks

Online 70chall440

• Resident
Re: Best current dash pad options
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018 - 12:14:10 am »
I can only speak to JD as thats what I bought from my Cuda. I will say that I am very happy with mine, but I do know that as the time I bought mine you really had to select the one you wanted from a population at a show. Iv'e read many posts here and other forums about bad experiences and good experiences with almost all of the manufacturers (except the one you mentioned). I do know that the pads that were done using plastic frames looks bad and I am told warp.

I am not sure what Roseville is selling, but I suspect it is decent.

No you don't have to install it right away, I had mine in storage for probably 2 years before I put mine in. Of course you need to protect it.
Current Mopar
70 Challenger RT 440-6, 73 Cuda (under const)
05 Durango, 99 Dakota, 01 Ram 4x4, 14 2500 4X4, 10 PCP Challenger RT, 01 Viper GTS ACR, 52 B3B w/330 Desoto Hemi, 70 Hemi RR, 61 Jeep FC170
Past Mopars
9 x Challengers. AAR Cuda, 4 RR, 2 GTX, 4 Chargers, etc... (too many to list)