Author Topic: Big Trip To Pick Up My 71 Cuda Project  (Read 1407 times)

Offline AARuFAST

• AARuFAST
  • Resident
Re: Big Trip To Pick Up My 71 Cuda Project
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2017 - 07:46:51 pm »
And all the bodies are lying inside of bus.  Never miss a good photo shot. 
You can share when u get home and have memories...........
Wonder if they disconnected the speedometer on the pulling truck.
1970 AAR Cuda
1970 Gran Coupe Ragtop. 1 of 66
Gran Cpe Convertible 1 yr only.

" I Want to Ride "

" I tried to be normal once...
it was the most boring
2 minutes of my life!!!!"

Offline tony 73

« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2017 - 05:46:30 am »
Hi AARuFAST,  hadn't crossed my mind where the bicycle owners were, glad I didn't get too close to the bus.

Part 2 of Summit Racing,

Approached the counter with all the right codes and references , guy looked puzzled , another person comes over for 2nd opinion , I getting stressed . Guy says " sorry your order was sent to Ohio ". I say " I am only here for 2 hrs".  Now I am stressed  :pullinghair: .   Guy says " we should be able to fill order from what is in the warehouse ", I got my fingers crossed.   Guy punched in the codes and they got everything except an exhaust  system for my Roadrunner. Because of the mistake they willing to pay the 2 day freight cost to get one delivered to my LA address. I now back in my happy space.
 Asked the staff member who helped cart the parts to the truck " where should we stay in Reno", he said don't go downtown if you you want to keep your car. I getting stressed again. We headed away  to nearest motel  where we were greeted with more bad news,  Burning Man festival about to start and 50,000 people looking for accommodation   :faint: .
 Running out of options, front desk guy was very helpful , we did what he said, phoned ahead to Auburn, ( 100 miles further on) made a booking and got in truck and drove.  Got to bed around midnight, what a day.

Offline AARuFAST

• AARuFAST
  • Resident
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2017 - 10:29:04 pm »
Burning Man is a wild event.  Considering your schedule the motel manager sent you on the right direction.......
1970 AAR Cuda
1970 Gran Coupe Ragtop. 1 of 66
Gran Cpe Convertible 1 yr only.

" I Want to Ride "

" I tried to be normal once...
it was the most boring
2 minutes of my life!!!!"

Offline tony 73

« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2017 - 12:44:05 am »
Yea you not wrong the AARuFAST.

We ahead of schedule  and got 3 places to visit on a working day so we decided to stay put in our motel . Spend Sunday eating, sleeping , do some washing, and plan our final 5 days. Just what we needed.