Author Topic: 70 BARRACUDA FRONT BUMPER ALIGNMENT/ADJUSTMENT ISSUE **HELP**  (Read 952 times)

Offline 70 Grand Coupe

70 BARRACUDA FRONT BUMPER ALIGNMENT/ADJUSTMENT ISSUE **HELP**
« on: October 21, 2015 - 08:24:49 pm »
Hi Y'all,

Finally received my outer front bumper brackets, the inner brackets came with the car parts. Once I figured out how to marry the inner and outer I then hung the front bumper on. I left the brackets loose to make hanging the bumper easier. I snugged up the (4) front bumper bolts and then tried to my best to adjust the bumper really to no avail. After tightening up the  inner and outer brackets, the drivers side is very tight to the front quarter panel whereas there is a decent gap on the drivers side.

Is this the proper procedure to attach the bumper? Am I missing a step or were there shims in there before the car was taken apart (I received the car with boxes of parts).

I will attach some pics below. Like to know if that is the correct gap along the top of the bumper?

Thanks.

Offline 70 Grand Coupe

Re: 70 BARRACUDA FRONT BUMPER ALIGNMENT/ADJUSTMENT ISSUE **HELP**
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015 - 08:26:13 pm »
PASSENGER SIDE

Offline 70 Grand Coupe

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015 - 08:27:21 pm »
FRONT GAP

Offline 70 Grand Coupe

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015 - 08:28:38 pm »
DRIVERS SIDE

Offline 67vertman

• Sr. Resident
  • Member since 9-23-2005
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015 - 10:58:23 pm »
The top alignment does seem off.  It looks like it is further away from the filler panel than the driver side.  Trying to align the bumper with miss matched pieces could be an issue.  I would leave everything loose, bumper brackets and bummer to brackets.  The positions the bumper where it looks the best to your eye, then slowly tightening everything down. To get my to fit, I had to hog out one of the bumper bracket holes so the passenger side would fit flush with the filler panel, and this was with all original parts that came on the car.

Ron - Born and raised in Southern California

I got the 1970 Cuda, but still need the hot blonde to ride shotgun!

First car -1969 Road Runner 383 4sp

Current ride - 1970 Barracuda 440-6 4 sp Dana 60  (4:10)

Offline E-Body Products

• E-Body Products
  • American Jobs Are Our Children's Future!
    • E-BODY PRODUCTS
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015 - 06:40:30 am »
My original front bumper bracket (Passenger Side) had a mounting hole hogged out like that too.  It must have allowed more movement at the factory.

E-Body Products
www.ebodyproducts.com
606-481-9014