Shop work continues; I've been meaning to upgrade/rebuild my bead roller for some time. This is a Harbor Freight unit which I modified and motorized. It worked/s well but it had some flex in it I didn't like plus it looked like crap. I added some bracing on the top, back and sides and then painted it a very nice blue. I have a lot of dies for this machine and it comes in very handy at times.
I am not working on putting DROs (digital Read Out) on my mill for the Z axis (up and down). I am putting a DRO on the spindle as well as the knee since either/both can be manipulated during a machining operation. I am waiting on a new DRO scale for the lathe, I ordered the wrong one so now I have to wait.
I also worked on improving the lighting around my machines; ended up buying some LED lights at HF and Home Depot (which has a really nice/small 1000 Lumen LED light for $17). I took the HD light and added 2 2" magnets to it and have one of them placed on my mill. I also bought a desk LED that was on sale and has a flexible neck. I added a 3" magnet to the bottom and have that on my verticle mill/drill. I still need to figure out what light to put on the lathe but I am going to wait until I have the DRO mounted so I can see what room I am left with.
70 Challenger RT 440-6 EFI, 73 Cuda 416-6 EFI
05 Hemi Durango, 01 Ram 4x4, 14 Ram 2500 4X4, 10 PCP Challenger 6 spd RT, 01 Viper GTS ACR, 52 B3B w/330 Desoto Hemi, 70 Hemi RR (under const)
9 x Challengers. AAR Cuda, 4 RR, 2 GTX, 4 Chargers, etc... (too many to list)