Author Topic: I  (Read 20861 times)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Re: I
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2015 - 10:43:14 pm »
There are no troops around here for me. I go solo. Once in a while the bullet99  (Wade) comes around, sometimes Don when he is the states, but for the most part, I'm all by my lonesome. Wife is after me tonight to let her take me to the... I may just go. I think I will admit defeat.  Hard to put up with all this till the 27th.  Im trying to get my courage up.  90 days ago I walked 10 miles everyday 5 before work and 5 after work and was doing 12 hrs a day 7 days a week.  The last couple of days I go 30 minutes and have to stop for a few, then take off again. Easy stuff to.  You see, if I go in and they will prob keep me there, then wife is alone.

Offline ammo

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2015 - 11:16:35 pm »
Stay strong, you are in all our thoughts.... 
1973 dodge challenger

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2015 - 02:06:29 am »
listen to your wife.  Wifes are Always right whenever things really matter.  I think her being alone is a bigger problem for you than it is for her.  Please talk to her about what you want, so she can speak for you when needed. Please make sure you stay boss and don`t have any doctor take over your life.

wish you all strenght and wisdom you need  :2thumbs:
*** Bart ***

Offline hooD

• detroit iron
  • Resident
  • Motor City Made Muscle
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2015 - 06:51:16 am »
listen to your better half...they are usually more intuitive to our health needs than we are.  they are also very capable of wearing our many hats when we have to hang it up for something like this.   you'll be OK. 
-Larry
member since AUG 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvrWiLgDm7Y

southeastern michigan usa

1973 'CUDA 340

original owner
37,117 miles

:grinyes: *click my E-Body* :grinyes:

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2015 - 09:50:00 am »
Peggy is alone when you are on the road all the time + if you do not go to the doc & god forgive you pass away then Peggy will be alone a lot more .!!
Get your butt to the doc buddy .

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2015 - 10:24:56 am »
I'm with Neil...................  :grinyes:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2015 - 05:26:56 pm »
Al,

I had 3 mini strokes in one day, then a day and a half later I had a major one. My problem was blood clots in the brain, but if I'm understanding this correctly here...Your's is caused by a tumor. If so, get it removed! You don't want a major stroke. Trust me, you won't be the same afterwards.

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2015 - 03:58:39 am »
Ok, well I went to er last night. Just wanted to see how fast I could spend 3600 bucks.  Took about 4 hrs was all lol.  Glad I got good insurance. 90% was paid by Blue cross.  Seems like they said I have a mixture of events causing this episode going on in me, But good news, they are benine however iys spelled.  Blood seems to be puddling around one of them and pressure on the other one.  I will get them cut out. 3 or 4 tesys being done on monday for some kind of blockage somewhere to. Sorry but I can't remember the med terms they were saying they are checking me for.  Rested ALL friggin day today (Peggy would beg to Differ) I stayed inside . And worked on my balance and tried to focus more for memory sake.  I believe they are getting a handle on this,
 I am looking forward to 3 show coming up.  One in New Orleans, Mopars at the battleship in Mobile and of course Carlisle.  I am still on permanent dissability tho, so I don't have a job anymore. That in itself, put me in shock.  I really loved my job.  I will be glad when I start getting my disabilty checks from my insurane. Been waiting since Nov.  Not from SSi but from my company insurance. It definatly pays more. But anyways, I plan on hanging around the site more.   Wow 3am and I am not tired.  Gonna read a few posts and see how it goes from there.     Thanks for the best wishes and concern. It really boosts me up    ALAN

Offline dakota

« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2015 - 05:54:37 am »
"Courage is not the absence of fear, it is acting in spite of it" - Mark Twain

Offline dodj

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2015 - 06:51:36 am »
Really glad to hear they are benign!  :2thumbs: You'll be around for a long time yet :grinyes: :grinyes:
Scott
1973 Challenger  440 4 spd 
2007.5 3500 6.7 Cummins Diesel, Anarchy tuned.
Good friends don't let friends do stupid things. ........alone.

Offline 1ownr

« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2015 - 08:24:19 am »
Glad to hear things are looking up!

Nice try, slipping out the back door - too many here watching   :nono:

judy & Charlie 

Offline RusTy/SE

• Sr. Resident
  • Just havin' fun
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2015 - 05:59:45 pm »
Just finished catching up on this thread Al and like everyone else I'm glad things are looking up for you. One day at a time, one foot in front of the other, sir.

Russ
Russ
2001 Durango     1B4HS
1970 Challenger  JS29U
Restoration thread: http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=27173.0
Member since December 13, 2002

Offline The Cuda Guy

• Support Our Troops
  • Resident
  • Pearl Harbor, HI
    • C-C.com
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2015 - 08:20:20 pm »
Hang in there brother!  I wish I was on the mainland so I could come for a visit and help you out.  But you would prob be stubborn and do everything LOL!!!  Let me know if I can do anything for you from here?  You and Peggy are in my prayers.

Don
The Cuda Guy Project is on going!

Member Since January 14, 2002

Offline HP_Cuda

• Hit the skinny little pedal on the right!
  • Sr. Resident
  • Mopar or No Car!
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2015 - 03:16:21 pm »

Sending positive thoughts your way Alan.

Hang in there as there is plenty of folks here to distract any negative thoughts you may have. Besides it seems you have good news lately!!!

:burnout:
1970 Cuda Clone 440 4 speed - sublime green
1970 Cuda 383 4 speed - yellow - SOLD

Offline Gumby

« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2015 - 11:21:07 pm »
Al, I don't know you - but know of you. You have answered questions of mine. My father had a brain tumor. Dr's removed it, but the cancer spread throughout his body and claimed him. He suffered stability and perception problems, also. The brain surgery was a success. Unfortunately, it had progressed into other areas of his body.
PLEASE be upfront with your loved ones. This is NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED about.
My father lived for a year after his first diagnosis, and crammed 10 years of living into that time. He went to as many of my nephews football games, wrestling matches, and hung out with friends and did as much as possible with friends and family. It wasn't easy with him being on chemo.
It is not a time to retreat. It is a time to embrace.
You will find more people pulling for you than you ever knew.
It is NOT a death sentence. You are a strong man. Only the strong survive!
I bought a T-shirt for my dad that said "Big Bad Bob" on it! lol. As a gesture of support. He was buried wearing it, for all the world to see.
But it is completley NOT fair for you to keep your family out of the loop.
They can offer you more support than you could ever imagine.
I would have felt cheated somehow if my dad had kept his condition secret. It allowed me more time with him. There is NO shame in cancer.
Take care, and heal quickly. We are ALL pulling for you!
Your family deserves special consideration. Please don't let them out of the loop. My thoughts and prayers go out to you, and your family.
{oo/-------\oo} In '69 I was twenty-one and I called the road my own. I don't know when that road turned into the road I'm on. Jackson Browne