« Last post by 70chall440 on Today at 12:25:21 am »
- I have been trying to deal with the alternator for awhile, it wasn't charging. I did some testing and arrived at the conclusion that the alternator was bad. Well as I was removing it I noticed my 150A circuit (which is resetable) which I thought was on, well I tested it and amazingly it was off... So, I flipped it on and BAM... I got 13.7V - 14V.
- As mentioned the gas gauge was sorted but now isn't working again. I installed a ground wire which I tested to ensure I had good continuity (and I do), but after looking at it I discovered that the stud on the sending unit is broken (just spins). So I have ordered a new one and will have to install that later.
- I have been chasing some oil leaks specifically from my remote oil filter system. There are a number of fittings which I used a teflon paste on to seal, well they all leaked so I have fixed 3 of the 4 and of course the 4th has now given up so I need to fix that, its under the alternator so that is coming out regardless.
- played with the timing some. Put a vacuum gauge on and am pulling about 12 in @ idle. I currently have it at around 23* at idle (no vacuum advance connected) and 35* around 2500 rpm.
- the engine seems to be smoothing out some. I need to go in and adjust the rocker arms as there is a slight amount of "rattle".
- I have been concerned with the hydraulic clutch bc when I first adjusted it, I had to adjust it almost in completely to get the TB to release the clutch (via the pressure plate). I removed the stop I built and the lengthen the rod from the pedal to the MC. Today, I was able to readjust it to get some play in the pivot arm which I think translates to the TB not being pressed into the pressure plate fingers. I need to remove the inspection plate and look in there and try to measure the distance.
So, it seems like 1 step forward and 2 rearward but at least there is some forward progress