Engine Bay pic request

Author Topic: Engine Bay pic request  (Read 6001 times)

Offline jmartin99

Engine Bay pic request
« on: September 25, 2009 - 11:48:17 PM »
I need some pics of a '72 - '74 challenger engine bay.  Specifically I need a pic of the hole in the firewall where the A/C vacuum line comes through, below the heater box.  :picture:

I also need a picture of where the cable that works the heater valve comes through the firewall. 

Any pics of the engine bay would really help me out.  I am putting together a '72 challenger for a friend and I got it in pieces so I dont know how everything goes in the engine compartment.

Thanks!  :bigsmile:

Jeff

Offline moparmaniac59

• Resident
  • Drive it like ya stole it!
Re: Engine Bay pic request
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009 - 05:32:22 AM »
Hey Jeff,
You would think it would be in this section, but it isn't. If you go to the "Classics" section there is a sticky in the top of the section with "member's engine bay pictures". There are about 14 pages. Many of the pictures are no longer there, but I think you may find what you need. If not just 'bump' this back to the top!! Good luck! :bigsmile:

Matt B.
Matt

Offline thedodgeboys

• Resident
  • ''Normal’s Overrated''
    • THE DODGE BOYS
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009 - 07:54:17 AM »
Best ones I have hope it helps  :cheers:

There are 3 holes under the heater blower the one directly under the blower is the blower vent. The one furthest to the right is the drain from the box and the middle one is the plug\vacuum line. see the second picture.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009 - 07:58:38 AM by thedodgeboys »
Go Fast & Have Fun...
70 6.1 HEMI 6-speed Drop Top...

Offline jmartin99

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009 - 10:35:45 AM »
Yeah, I knew where the vacuum line went thru but I do not know what kind of grommet or whatever it goes through.  I saw the three small holes around the large hole and wondered if something is screwed in place or not. 

I have seen a couple of firewall diagrams as far as what goes in each hole but I have never seen where the heater valve cable comes through the firewall.  That is why I was holing to find a picture. 

I will check out the sticky for photos.

Thanks guys!

Jeff :bigsmile:

Offline jmartin99

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009 - 02:56:14 PM »
Well, I looked through the engine bay pic thread and most of the pics do not show up anymore.  Of the ones that do show up I was able to see that the cable goes over the power booster and down somewhere.  I looked on mine and there is a grommet where I believe the washer foot pump goes if your model had one, is this where it goes through?  :dunno:

Anyone have a pic they could send me?  :picture:

Thanks!

Jeff  :ylsuper:

Offline jmartin99

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017 - 06:04:41 PM »
Well, it has been a long time since I first posted this but I am still working on this Challenger and hope to have it running in the next week or two! WooHoo!! Anyway, I am still unsure where the heater valve control cable is supposed to go through the firewall. If anyone could tell me or possibly post pics of theirs I would be greatly appreciative to them!!

Thanks in advance!  :banghead:

Jeff :cheers:

Offline FCC

• 1973 Dodge Challenger 340
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2020 - 07:45:33 PM »
Anybody have pics of the engine bay, specifically the firewall?  I also need to know where the heater control cable goes through and the tachometer wire.  I also have a few extra holes.  Any pics or diagrams would be awesome.

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2020 - 09:36:50 PM »
You won't get better information than this link.
Scroll down to find the firewall.

https://forum.e-bodies.org/reference-material/18/e-body-hole-locations-firewall-door-interior-ect/303/

then join the site. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline FCC

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2020 - 11:42:26 PM »
Thanks Cuda Hunter! That link is great and very helpful!

The tachometer wire on my 73 Chally is a single wire not part of the electrical harness so I'm wondering where it goes through the firewall? 

Offline 70chall440

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2020 - 10:18:46 PM »
Your tach should have 2 wires; one is grey and goes to the #20 position on the bulkhead connector and the other one is dark blue and goes to the radio group.
Current Mopar
70 Challenger RT 440-6 EFI, 73 Cuda 416-6 EFI
05 Hemi Durango, 01 Ram 4x4, 14 Ram 2500 4X4, 10 PCP Challenger 6 spd RT, 01 Viper GTS ACR, 52 B3B w/330 Desoto Hemi, 70 Hemi RR (under const)
Past Mopars
9 x Challengers. AAR Cuda, 4 RR, 2 GTX, 4 Chargers, etc... (too many to list)

Offline FCC

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2020 - 12:33:41 AM »
Your tach should have 2 wires; one is grey and goes to the #20 position on the bulkhead connector and the other one is dark blue and goes to the radio group.

Thanks! I found a hole behind the power brake booster which I believe the gray tachometer wire with female bullet connector goes through with a grommet.  Thanks.

Offline 70chall440

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2020 - 11:45:36 AM »
Awesome, the direction I gave you came from the factory service manual wiring diagram but I could be wrong.
Current Mopar
70 Challenger RT 440-6 EFI, 73 Cuda 416-6 EFI
05 Hemi Durango, 01 Ram 4x4, 14 Ram 2500 4X4, 10 PCP Challenger 6 spd RT, 01 Viper GTS ACR, 52 B3B w/330 Desoto Hemi, 70 Hemi RR (under const)
Past Mopars
9 x Challengers. AAR Cuda, 4 RR, 2 GTX, 4 Chargers, etc... (too many to list)