Author Topic: '70 'Cuda (or a clone)  (Read 2521 times)

Offline FinallyRearDrive

• one lucky little SOB
'70 'Cuda (or a clone)
« on: September 19, 2011 - 07:34:13 PM »
I offically regret the sale. I spent months trying to get rid of my beloved and now I miss her terribly. Since she's in Japan, I know there's no hope of getting her back, so now I'm ready to replace her with another. I know my criteria's a little tight, and I probably won't find what I'm looking for overnight, but it's always worth a try, so here we go...

I'm looking for a 1970 'Cuda hardtop (BS23 VIN preferred, but am open to clones). Driver condition so I don't feel bad using it, but not a project car. Must be turn key ready to drive (hopefully reliably). I'm really hoping for a 4-spd, but if the rest of the car's what I'm looking for, I'll take an auto. Color doesn't matter (preferrably not white. If I had my choice, sassy grass green is my favorite). Any engine as long as it runs well, but big block preferred. I want as few options as possible. Manual steering, manual brakes, radio delete, no a/c, etc... I'm really into the bare-bones muscle. The only option I would like is bucket seats. Interior does not need to be original, but does need to appear original (no race buckets, 5-point harnesses, etc...). Above all and most important is a solid body with good paint. The guy who sold me my last Cuda told me it had no rust, when it actually had about $9k in rotted panels throughout (I only sold the car because I couldn't afford the urgently needed bodywork), plus it had a REALLY crappy paint job that was chipping off all over. I do intend to use it as my actual get around car, sharing commuting duties with my motorcycle, but I am very good about taking care of my cars. I would love and cherish the car, giving it a good home for the rest of my driving life (and quite some time after) if that's a concern of yours.

Here's the kicker: I don't have cash. I have a truck that I am willing to trade. It's a 2011 Toyota Tacoma I bought May 17, 2011. Today the truck has not dings or scratches, and has 1270 miles on it (I never drive it). It's a TRD 2 wheel drive long bed double cab truck. Top of the range with all the bells and whistles. Automatic and silver in color. It has a transerreble extended warranty and Toyota's "piece of mind" something or other that includes free roadside assistance and free oil changes for a couple years.

I know that odds off finding anyone who fits every need I've posted here will be d@mned near impossible, but it's always worth the try. If anyone can help me out, please let me know.
Thanks for reading guys,
-Curtis
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011 - 09:27:28 PM by FinallyRearDrive »

Offline mopar12372

• mopartech
Re: '70 'Cuda (or a clone)
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011 - 12:36:37 AM »
i knew it you had or have the mopar bug tisk tisk tisk shame shame shame .

a bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush ----> good luck with your hunt <--------
MOPARTECH.NET ( come over and visit some time )
RESTO PICTURES
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=71096.30

Offline FinallyRearDrive

• one lucky little SOB
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011 - 01:55:07 PM »
Haha. Yeah... you, Meangreen, PinkIce, my mom, and everyone else called it. It took me two weeks to miss my car  ::).

----> good luck with your hunt <--------

thanks

Offline DmanSRT69

• Diggin' holes is fun
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011 - 02:55:22 PM »
That red car you just sold needed $9k in body panels?

Offline FinallyRearDrive

• one lucky little SOB
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011 - 01:13:00 AM »
No. It needed 9 grand worth of work. It only needed a grand or two in panels and patchwork, but the paintjob on it was absolute crap. The previous owner painted it and did a terrible job. I relied on the car for daily driving in all weather, and to keep any more panels from rusting out on me, I would have had to get another paint job, and I'm not putting Maaco on a 'Cuda (even if it was a clone). If I had the tools, time, experience, skill, know-how, space and help, I could have replaced some of the panels and patched some rust holes myself, but since I lacked all that stuff, I would have had to pay a shop to do it for me, and I just didn't have that kind of money. It was more economical for me to sell the car to someone who could handle the bodywork, and to just get a more solid car.

Offline FinallyRearDrive

• one lucky little SOB
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012 - 05:34:11 PM »
                       ****UPDATE****

I'm still looking, guys. The Tacoma now has 2900 miles on it, and still in as good condition as ever.