Author Topic: Hello from Birmingham, AL  (Read 1113 times)

Offline Gregor1

Hello from Birmingham, AL
« on: February 15, 2019 - 09:46:26 AM »
Hello all.  I am a Newb to the MOPAR world, love the family atmosphere so far.  What led me here was a mentor of mine is trying to find his old 1971 Challenger.  After researching these cars and discovering  other classic MOPAR models, I have to admit my allegiance is shifting from classic Corvettes to these classic MOPAR muscle cars! One question I have, and forgive me if it is a stupid question, is there a way to find all the VIN numbers for 1971 Challenger Convertibles produced.  I know in the Corvette world  it is impossible.  I am looking for a 1971 Challenger convertible 318 auto, V2 orange.  I figure there cannot be that many out there due to the low production number.  Any help, advise or guidance to additional resources would be greatly appreciated.     

Thanks

Greg

Offline 70chall440

• Sr. Resident
Re: Hello from Birmingham, AL
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019 - 12:23:28 PM »
welcome from WA state.

2 different worlds; Corvettes and Mopars but then again many similarities in some cases.

Reference you question, no I do not believe (am very sure) that there is if VINs for 71 Convertible Challengers (or pretty much any Mopars except perhaps some of the specialty cars like the Hurst A bodies, Daytona's and perhaps Superbird's). There may be a registry someplace which might have assembled some list but it is doubtful it will be complete or comprehensive. Back in the day, Mopar (Chrysler) didn't care about keeping the records or recording what was what. Likewise the cars are not sequential generally so you cannot deduce a VIN. What you can determine with relative accuracy is how many were made.
Current Mopar
70 Challenger RT 440-6 EFI, 73 Cuda 416-6 EFI
05 Hemi Durango, 01 Ram 4x4, 14 Ram 2500 4X4, 10 PCP Challenger 6 spd RT, 01 Viper GTS ACR, 52 B3B w/330 Desoto Hemi, 70 Hemi RR (under const)
Past Mopars
9 x Challengers. AAR Cuda, 4 RR, 2 GTX, 4 Chargers, etc... (too many to list)

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019 - 08:40:50 PM »
Howdy!   :rebel: What part of BHam?

My family grew up in Centerpoint. 

The color would be EV2 Hemi Orange. 

Very hard to find a specific vin car.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2019 - 04:18:46 PM by 'Cuda Hunter »
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019 - 03:39:09 PM »
Welcome to the site from Michigan!   :wave:

Offline Gregor1

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2019 - 09:54:05 AM »
Thanks Gentlemen for the welcomes and the information.  Cuda Hunter, I grew up in Center Point also, went to Erwin High School.  I now live in Hoover.   :2thumbs:

Offline jimynick

• Resident
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2019 - 02:10:32 PM »
Here's a welcome to the site from Ontario,  :canada:  and congrats on coming over from "the dark side" LOL  :wave:

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2019 - 04:23:34 PM »
Thanks Gentlemen for the welcomes and the information.  Cuda Hunter, I grew up in Center Point also, went to Erwin High School.  I now live in Hoover.   :2thumbs:

All my family has moved on from Center point too.  Well all but my uncle.  And he has to wave his guns at His new neighbors every week.    Centerpoint has gotten really bad.  I remember walking around as a kid for miles around the area.  Nothing to worry about.  Now it's getting crazy just to drive around some of the neighborhoods.
  My family grew up on Bobolink lane.  All went to Erwin.  I go back every few years to visit my uncle.  Quite the neighborhood now. 

I've been to the moss rock preserve many many years ago.  That's in Hoover right?  and the oak mountain state park is right by Hoover also.  I recall Hoover being a pretty nice area. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline Gregor1

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2019 - 04:50:19 PM »
Yes Center Point is a bad area now a days.  I do not even go back anymore, way too many problems with locals.  Yep Moss Rock is in Hoover, I do not live far from there now.  I am right at Lake Purdy/Hwy 280 area.  What part of the world do you live in?

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2019 - 07:10:31 PM »
I'm actually in Colorado.
I'm the only member of my extensive family that has moved from Alabama. 
My family was in the civil war. One of my great Uncles lost one leg in the war and became a cobbler somewhere north of Centerpoint.  One of my great grandpas settled with a Cherokee lady at the spring there in Centerpoint at the bottom of bobolink lane.  They had a General store, whatever they called it back before the war.  Now they have a park and a world war II monument there at the stone spring.  That was a very popular passing point back in those days before the war. 

But I was born and spent the first part of my life as a certified  :rebel: coon ass in Louisiana.
My family lives in such places as Decatur, Springville, huntsville, Trussville, Pinson, Pelham and Pell city to name most.