Author Topic: Side body molding SS and black  (Read 2388 times)

Offline Rdchallenger12

Side body molding SS and black
« on: November 01, 2016 - 04:34:26 PM »
No clue What would be a fair list price for what I have in the title.
SS and black side body molding for a challenger
It's in driver condition, could be cleaned up some.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016 - 04:37:18 PM by Rdchallenger12 »

Offline Rdchallenger12

Re: Side body molding SS and black
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016 - 04:47:58 PM »
Picture for reference

Offline duodec

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016 - 12:48:29 AM »
My info is, I'm certain, so out of date as to probably not be useful.  I bought a set + 1 extra piece about 4 years ago in what looks to be similar shape to yours except for apparently having fewer nicks in the rubber and more scratching/hazing on the metal, paid $86.  At the time my car was missing one piece entirely, missing the rubber from one of the door pieces, and two others were kind of mangled from a fortunately mild sideswipe, so the new set was a massive improvement, and I think I got a better than average deal at the time even given condition; I know the couple of places I checked that listed NOS at the time wanted $150-$250 per piece.

However it also seems like more folks remove this trim and clean up the mounting studs or holes than try to restore this particular option, so maybe not in as much demand as it always seemed to be when I tried to find a set for mine.

Offline Rdchallenger12

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016 - 07:57:46 AM »
My info is, I'm certain, so out of date as to probably not be useful.  I bought a set + 1 extra piece about 4 years ago in what looks to be similar shape to yours except for apparently having fewer nicks in the rubber and more scratching/hazing on the metal, paid $86.  At the time my car was missing one piece entirely, missing the rubber from one of the door pieces, and two others were kind of mangled from a fortunately mild sideswipe, so the new set was a massive improvement, and I think I got a better than average deal at the time even given condition; I know the couple of places I checked that listed NOS at the time wanted $150-$250 per piece.

However it also seems like more folks remove this trim and clean up the mounting studs or holes than try to restore this particular option, so maybe not in as much demand as it always seemed to be when I tried to find a set for mine.

Good deal! Thank you for the response. I'm in the same boat of filling in the holes, I just like it better without the trim.

Offline ragtopdodge

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016 - 03:16:28 PM »
Seems only people wanting side moulding are the six pack and hemi car owners for originality,  they will be looking for NOS.

Maybe $200/set for yours.
'70 318-auto Chally 'vert
'71 383-auto 'Cuda 'vert (sold)
06 300c SRT8
04 2500 QCLB 4x4 HO

Offline AARTA340

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2016 - 04:14:02 PM »
Most of the cars with side molding get them removed and the holes filled. Then the moldings sit around and get bent then tossed. I did buy a single RR piece for my 71 vert, and it was nice, but not NOS. I paid $60 delivered.  :2cents: :cheers: