1972 cuda with a sunroof ????

Author Topic: 1972 cuda with a sunroof ????  (Read 11262 times)

Offline sdweatherman

Re: 1972 cuda with a sunroof ????
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2015 - 02:13:32 AM »
Since this is a June build date but a VON of 63 leads me to believe either built as a pre production car or there are 63 E Bodies sunroof cars made to that point.  The issue is the sequence number it starts with a 4, my charger built 606 starts with 19.
Fender tag checks out - late 1972 car, not a preproduction car. Yes, most likely, 63 'Cudas/Barracudas to that point - Challengers used a different VON. Double check what assembly plant your Charger was built at. I am betting that your Charger was built at a different assembly plant than this 'Cuda - that is why the VIN sequence number is way different for cars built at nearly the same date.
Scott.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015 - 03:39:48 AM by sdweatherman »

Offline Atoi1

Re: 1972 cuda with a sunroof ????
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2022 - 07:40:20 AM »
I know this is very old, but I was surfing the web for my friends old orange cuda and came across this.

My friend also had an orange with white top  and white interior. It had a factory power metal sunroof. It was stolen and later recovered stripped and in the process of being restored. He never got the car back as it say in storage while the court date went on. The car was sold on craigslist through the wrecker company. This happened in okc,oklahoma as well. I was hoping someone knew what happened to this car age has it been restored. I'd love to see pics of it if so.

The car is gone from my friend and whoever has it is the rightful owner now, but these cars are like kids to guys like us and I've always wanted to see it done.

[quote author=furyus65  what wrecker service?  I just bought a 1972 orange cuda :working: with a sunroof  last tagged in the 1990’s that was stripped and never put back together. The owner of the wrecker service stated the thieves were caught taking it apart..! Was the original owners from Choctaw Oklahoma? link=topic=68133.msg954950#msg954950 date=1389844837]
I know this is very old, but I was surfing the web for my friends old orange cuda and came across this.

My friend also had an orange with white top  and white interior. It had a factory power metal sunroof. It was stolen and later recovered stripped and in the process of being restored. He never got the car back as it say in storage while the court date went on. The car was sold on craigslist through the wrecker company. This happened in okc,oklahoma as well. I was hoping someone knew what happened to this car age has it been restored. I'd love to see pics of it if so.

The car is gone from my friend and whoever has it is the rightful owner now, but these cars are like kids to guys like us and I've always wanted to see it done.
[/quote]