Author Topic: How do you guys feel about clones?  (Read 128850 times)

Offline miguelrnd

Re: How do you guys feel about clones?
« Reply #345 on: November 22, 2017 - 01:16:46 AM »
I have no problems with clones as long as it is in lower value than the original.

Offline cudamadd

• cudamad157071@gmail.com
« Reply #346 on: November 22, 2017 - 04:17:40 AM »
I donot have a problem with a clone . With so many numbers cars being out of reach ,for so many people. They r the next best thing . Just 4 the record i do love factory original muscle. :dunno:
Go 4 a spin Ya Why Not.

Offline 70chall440

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #347 on: November 24, 2017 - 12:00:33 AM »
I have no problem with clones so long as they are accurately represented. As to the price; if someone wants to pay more for a clone than an original, so be it. A few years ago I saw some A990 clones sell for more than an original; thought it was a bit wierd but I have no problems with it. The clones were represented exactly as clones and no one thought they were anything else. I have seen clones that were much better built than many originals, thus the commanded a high price. All this said, I am not an "original" guy as I was around when they were new or very near new and saw many 318 cars become 440 cars, etc. No one cared about what was original and what wasn't, it was only when the investors got involved that this became an issue. Not necessarily hating on the current situation but I think far too much drama has occurred due to this subject. Cars (or any commodity) it worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Personally I think retomods are where its at but that is me and I realize no everyone has the same feeling.
Current Mopar
70 Challenger RT 440-6 EFI, 73 Cuda 416-6 EFI
05 Hemi Durango, 01 Ram 4x4, 14 Ram 2500 4X4, 10 PCP Challenger 6 spd RT, 01 Viper GTS ACR, 52 B3B w/330 Desoto Hemi, 70 Hemi RR (under const)
Past Mopars
9 x Challengers. AAR Cuda, 4 RR, 2 GTX, 4 Chargers, etc... (too many to list)