Author Topic: My 72 Rallye Resto  (Read 7448 times)

Offline Pat O'

Re: My 72 Rallye Resto
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2017 - 10:44:26 PM »
Prior to the axle going in I had installed the primary brake line, fuel line, and exhaust hanger. Afterwords I installed a new gas tank, remaining brake lines, fuel filler tube, more exhaust hangers and the heat shields. I freshened up the rear tail lights and installed them along with a new rear wiring harness.

Offline Pat O'

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2017 - 10:50:03 PM »
At this point the rear brake drums were rebuilt with all new parts and a new bumper fitted. I then added the polished trim and the rear valence and sat back to take a look. Real happy that this is starting to look like a real car again. Have a ways to go but things are moving faster.

Offline Pat O'

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2017 - 10:58:12 PM »
The 340 in one of the pictures, a 1970 block, is now in the shop for a professional rebuild. The block and crank need some work but I don't need to replace. Looks like I need to go 60 over on the cylinders with some resizing on the crank journals. This leaves me with enough to build the engine to a planned 400 hp at the flywheel. I'll have the particulars on that in the next couple of weeks. In the mean time I'm slathering Fatmat extreme over the interior and trying to decide on whether to have the original rallye gauge cluster refurbished or try and install the Dakota Digital electronic replacement cluster. Also getting close to ordering in the vintage air set up. I'll have more to show, hopefully sooner rather than later!

Offline tony 73

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2017 - 05:05:06 AM »
Looking great, love the reflections in the paint, real nice shine.