Author Topic: Floor, under the rear seat...  (Read 1249 times)

Offline HemiDog

• Do not Assume!
    • Hemi Dog
Floor, under the rear seat...
« on: August 30, 2004 - 04:42:21 PM »
I pretty much have all the metal I need to get my car back to tip-top shape, but I have one location that I have been debating on how to handle or where to go.  On the driver's side, the floor that would be directly underneath the rear seat is rusted out pretty bad and to the point that there are a lot of pits and small holes.   Now I have a slightly larger hole, since I replaced the frame rail on that side.  ;D  Anyway, I thought about just welding some patches in, but the area where the "cheese grater" indendations are is toast and I don't have the tools to re-create them.  Does anyone know a of place I might be able to find a patch for this location?  It doesn't seem as if anyone is making a re-pro part for this.

Offline Steve

• I Love Welding!
Re: Floor, under the rear seat...
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2004 - 06:10:11 PM »
Hmmmm...you could buy a bead-roller from Harbor Freight for about $100 on sale. The easier solution is to get someone to cut out that section from a donor car. I have no idea how much that would cost, but it shouldn't be that much. I have an idea of where you could get one if you can't find one locally.

I have a bit of rot there, too, due to a broken rear window. Fortunately, it's not bad enough for me to have to replace the whole section.