Author Topic: Hey everyone...time for me to stop lurking!  (Read 605 times)

Offline Deadeye74X2

Hey everyone...time for me to stop lurking!
« on: May 23, 2017 - 09:43:38 am »
I have been watching this forum for some time now and I'm glad to see the abundance of Mopar knowledge here. I need to pick some brains but first a bit about myself and my cars.

I bought my first 74 Cuda back in June of 1979 (BS23L4B239510). It was all original, Ralleye package instruments, 4 speed and so on...from a used car lot in Bloomsburg,Pa. Then in 1985 like a fool I traded it in (in Columbia,Md) and went the new car route with a 85 Monte Carlo SS...then a 87 Camaro IROC-Z....then a 88 Firebird Formula 350. Even though the IROC was a great ride...the others were a nightmare. In 1989 had enough and I unloaded the Firebird and found my current 74 Cuda(BS23L4B291510). It was a faded yellow and I actually drove by it several times while I was searching for a decent 1971 Cuda (but of course  :droolingbounce: ) After driving all over the DC, MD, PA area and seeing all of the butchered, fake and downright hideous Cuda's that were out there...I finally stopped by and looked my 74 over. I couldn't believe what I was looking at. Other than the faded Blaze yellow paint...the car was all original and straight. The first owner bought it in Falls Church, Va...then gave it to his nephew for a graduation present in 89. Fortunately his nephew never touched it or even tagged the car. Ironically the uncles first payment on the car on the original Chrysler finance contract (which I have) was due on my birthday of 1974. I saw that and I figured this has to be the Cuda that was meant for me...even though my first one had a better option package. In 1995 I started to restore it as much as I could with money and time. Then my first kid was born in 96 and my health was starting to deteriorate...so Cuda only got about 9500 miles on it after the partial resto. Then came my other kiddo and a new house in 2003 so it has pretty much been garaged ever since...tags returned in 2006. Now I have no garage for it so I had to park it at my parents place in Pa as of March and I need to get ready to sell it. I will be in and out with questions for you guys but please bear with me...besides being disabled from failed back surgery since 2006...I found out I have a brain tumor that has already taken most of my left eyes sight. Just so you know I will probably be posting and running and back again when I can...its not that I'm ignoring your replies. Anyhootchie....I look forward to talking with you guys soon. I'll try to get some pics up for you as well!

Offline 69ChargerRT

• Administrator
  • Resident
  • Its the car, right? Chicks love the car. - Batman
    • Daisy - My 1969 Dodge Charger R/T
Re: Hey everyone...time for me to stop lurking!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017 - 10:47:06 am »
im sorry about your health problems that are forcing you to sell.  it looks like its in beautiful shape.  hopefully you can pass it along to someone who will take good care of it.  and hopefully you can be on the road to recovery with some of the health issues

Offline mjb765

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017 - 12:37:44 pm »
Sorry to hear about your health issues........good looking Cuda you have there and I am sure if you put it for sale on this site a deserving owner can be found.

Offline Deadeye74X2

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017 - 07:35:09 pm »
Thanks guys. I have the pics I took of the Cuda about a month ago loaded to Photobucket here;  http://s534.photobucket.com/user/larryis3/library/Cars/Cuda?sort=3&page=1

And a video I did in 2010 on Youtube;  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7Dpg4Z2FhM

Some of the pics are from 1995 as well...and I have pic during the body work I need to get scanned and uploaded as well. The reason I didnt show the drivers side in the video is that the paint is popping up and coming off. Two weeks before we bought a new house a drunk parked beside the Cuda in the middle of the night and passed out with his foot on the gas pedal. This of course blew his engine and he just got out and went in his house. Meanwhile his car caught on fire scorching the paint on my Cuda. Luckily the fire dept. did a great job of keeping the Cuda hosed down until the fire was out so it didnt warp the sheet metal..just bubbled the paint on the door and some of the rear quarter. Thats why I dont show it as it still irks me to this day.  :swear:  I had no full coverage insurance on it and didnt have time to take the guy to court...lesson learned.  :banghead:

Offline jimynick

• Resident
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017 - 10:34:13 pm »
Nice car and GLWTS. I also hope your health issues let up for you.  :cheers:

Offline 4Cruizn

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Expert
  • HEMI FISH
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017 - 11:34:17 am »
Welcome to the site!  Sad and happy story all in one . . . prayers go out to you and your family!  Wish you would of signed up sooner . . . .

:wave:  :sadwavey:

Offline Deadeye74X2

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017 - 07:27:51 pm »
Thanks jimynick and 4Cruizn...and yeah...I wish I would have signed up sooner...you guys have a good thing here with some nice cars.

The more I go through the paperwork and go up to Pa. to prep the Cuda....the more I hate to have to sell it. And I HAVE GOT TO STOP watching Graveyard Carz!!!  :stirpot:  :walkaway:

Offline 'Cuda Hunter

• Sr. Resident
  • Tastes Like Chicken
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2017 - 12:20:35 am »
paint looks great. Whole car does.  Just can't make out that fender tag due to the hose on top of it.  Was it originally FY1 or dy2 ?
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Offline TelisSE440

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2017 - 03:48:45 am »
Sorry about your health issues, I really like your cuda, of course someone will be found from over here, you just wait...

Offline Deadeye74X2

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2017 - 01:54:47 pm »
It was a KY5 Cuda Hunter. The pic and pencil rubbing is on the link to my Photobucket page in the OP. I have added pics of the resto and other stuff to it as well if anyone is interested.

Thanks Tellis...where might be "over here"?

Offline Deadeye74X2

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2017 - 12:04:42 am »
Hey everyone...sorry about the Photobucket pics...I deleted my account due to their pathetic site and extortion practices. I have uploaded everything to imgur now and a couple new videos on youtube at the links below...if interested. It is a mix of the beginning when I first bought the car...after resto in '95...some along the way and when I was up in April and July. Best I could do with my cell camera and a bad back..sorry. The bottom of the car is cruddy due to the leaking A/C oil and the undercoating has turned grey and looks like mold. All the parts shown are either off the car or spares I picked up along the past years...all will go with the car. I still need to do a write up and figure out a price though.  :clueless:

http://imgur.com/a/eplOr

https://www.youtube.com/user/whattduh?feature=mhee