once I finished the front frame rail and radiator support side piece, I still couldn't weld the inner fender panel on because I needed to do some firewall repair where the bracket attaches. Once that was out, I decided to cut away the rust from the side cowl panel so I can fit and patch both at the same time. Of course with those items opened up, it seemed like a good time to fix the front passenger floor pan. Once the pan was out, it seemed like a good time to do repairs on the trans cross member areas that were rusted. I can see why body guys don't like giving quotes. Last week I repaired the trans cross member. It came out great and from the outside you can't tell I repaired it.
Today, I spent some time fitting the new front passenger floor pan. Fits like a glove now. I have been using Lord Fusor metal bonding sealant where all metal overlaps but had to order another tube so I'm on hold a couple days. The stuff is great and you can weld through it while it's still wet. Plan is to seal/bond the floor patch to the cross member using screws to get a tight fit. While it dries, I will butt weld the panel to the rest of the floor. Once I grind down the welds, it should be smooth and seamless. Then I can start moving back forward starting with firewall and cowl patches.
More photos coming soon.