Author Topic: FiTech  (Read 2060 times)

Offline noreastfish

FiTech
« on: April 09, 2019 - 12:58:43 AM »
So I installed a FiTech system with the fuel command center. I had the car running fine. I decided that I didn't like the command center in the engine compartment.  So long story short I ended up with an aero Tech fuel tank with the pump already installed in the tank. FiTech tank was not available so summit recommended this setup. Said it would work fine. I have installed the tank plumbed the fuel lines and wired it. I tried to start the car tonight and it does not seem like I'm getting fuel to the throttle body. The orange wire from the FiTech unit to the fuel pump seems like it's getting voltage while I'm cranking the car. When the ignition is on it doesn't seem like I'm getting power to the pump. I have yet to register any fuel pressure to the pressure gauge.  Any help or a recommended starting point as to trouble shoot would be greatly appreciated.  I hate like he'll to tear it apart again if it's avoidable. 

Offline 70chall440

• Sr. Resident
Re: FiTech
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019 - 11:32:28 AM »
I would have to research it because I don't remember, but doesnt the Fitech have a fuel pump connection (as in wiring)? It it doesn't, then you need to wire the pump up so it comes on as soon as you turn the key to on. As soon as you turn the key to on, the pump should run and you should get pressure. No pressure = no start. You need to get power to the pump. Have you run through the set up on the handheld? I don't remember but there could be a pump setting in that.
Current Mopar
70 Challenger RT 440-6 EFI, 73 Cuda 416-6 EFI
05 Hemi Durango, 01 Ram 4x4, 14 Ram 2500 4X4, 10 PCP Challenger 6 spd RT, 01 Viper GTS ACR, 52 B3B w/330 Desoto Hemi, 70 Hemi RR (under const)
Past Mopars
9 x Challengers. AAR Cuda, 4 RR, 2 GTX, 4 Chargers, etc... (too many to list)

Offline noreastfish

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019 - 01:07:35 AM »
It does have an orange wire that goes to the fuel pump. I'm getting power to the pump but the pump isn't working. So I'm guessing that the pump is bad. Calling Aeromotive tomorrow to see what they say.
FiTech says the voltage should change as the ecu dictates. I jumped the pump directly from the battery and it still didn't fire.

Offline 70chall440

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019 - 12:34:37 PM »
Sounds like you found the problem.
Current Mopar
70 Challenger RT 440-6 EFI, 73 Cuda 416-6 EFI
05 Hemi Durango, 01 Ram 4x4, 14 Ram 2500 4X4, 10 PCP Challenger 6 spd RT, 01 Viper GTS ACR, 52 B3B w/330 Desoto Hemi, 70 Hemi RR (under const)
Past Mopars
9 x Challengers. AAR Cuda, 4 RR, 2 GTX, 4 Chargers, etc... (too many to list)

Offline Fern

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019 - 04:18:10 PM »
Don't you hate it when something brand new dosent work.
It happens a lot. There should be more quality control.
Good luck.