Author Topic: Best Complete Wiring Harness for Gen 3 Hemi  (Read 2019 times)

Offline daryld

Best Complete Wiring Harness for Gen 3 Hemi
« on: June 19, 2017 - 10:09:07 PM »
I have seen members use a lot of different wiring harnesses for their Gen 3 projects and would really appreciate everyone sharing their experiences with each, why they chose the one they are using, pros or cons and would they have chosen another system if they had to do it again. I have seen people use the MP Plug and Play which definitely seems to be the easiest system to use but has apparent draw backs if you plan on modifying your stock Hemi. Plus everyone seems to hate the stock gas pedal. There are a lot of good reviews about the Holley systems but it appears that you have to buy two or three of them to have a complete system and I am not sure which ones are right for my application. I have also seen people use the Gold box but that seems less user friendly than the others.

I am simply looking for advice. I am not sure if I will keep my 6.4 stock but am not planning on changing anything at first. Just do not want to be limited. Also, I see more and more people leaning towards a what looks like a LS throttle body with the intention of using a cable throttle. Is there a reason for this? Are there disadvantages to the drive by wire or is this simply to avoid some possible issues?

Thanks people for all your help and guidance. All members have been nothing but helpful as I plan for my swap.

Daryl
Daryl

Offline GCCUDA

Re: Best Complete Wiring Harness for Gen 3 Hemi
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017 - 11:28:45 AM »
I used MDS  And Incorporated it into my factory harness I don't believe that there is a better system for the e body

Offline GoodysGotaCuda

• Sr. Resident
Re: Best Complete Wiring Harness for Gen 3 Hemi
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017 - 11:35:32 AM »
I have the Megasquirt gold box and about 600 miles on my Hemi. The system is not the most user friendly, I have a pretty substantial amount of automotive expertise and electrical experience and think that. If you are very green to the whole idea of EFI, it is likely not your best choice. That being said, the only factory wiring I have on my car are the switches, everything else is completely new and/or modified.

It is, however, the most customizable. Which is what I wanted. I have basic traction control, the ability to expand to a %slip system relatively easy, I monitor many different parameters via my laptop and can do anything I want with it. I have plans to supercharge my engine down the road, I do not want to deal with any factory ECU hurdles or limitations with that.
Build Page: Goody's 'Cuda Build Page
1976 Dodge Warlock
1972 Barracuda - 5.7 Hemi + T56 Magnum

Wheel & Tire Specs:Link