Author Topic: Halo headlights gone wrong...  (Read 2834 times)

Offline TRIPLE-GREEN

• Coupe Custom Accessories
Halo headlights gone wrong...
« on: April 27, 2009 - 11:03:22 PM »
Well.  :bricks1:
   This was suppost to be a thread with a great new product to share with the group. Some time back I got a set of halo headlights for my challenger. I got 4 but 2 out of the 4 had foggy lenses. I got them from this seller in Canada that was bosting there quality for use in muscle cars. When I got them I was hooked on the idea but then quickly lost the taste after playing with them for a month or so.
   Quickly, I noticed that with 3 nights of use they where starting to show burns on the upper side of the housing. (standard H4 Bulb used) The halo looked great, but could only be seen at dusk or night time.  :screwy:
    So after finding 2 of the bulb housings didn't work at all ( halo didn't work) I am now working to return them. This sucks. In the breaf time I used them, the look was kinda cool. If they had been brighter and not such cheap crap I would have really liked them.

So back to the drawing board. I am sure I am  :swear: on the money. But this will not stop me from trying to find a good set of quality halo's for my challenger. If you know of any please let me know.

Offline 71bigblock

• Sr. Resident
    • Steve's Mopars
Re: Halo headlights gone wrong...
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009 - 09:07:49 AM »
That actually looks pretty good.  If anything, see if AAC can make you some

www.aacstyle.com

Offline quapman

• Resident
    • Auto-Grip on Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009 - 05:02:52 PM »
That's a bummer. I bought a set on fleabay and put them away for use on my 73 when it's done.  :eek4:
My name is Steve and I'm addicted to Challengers...

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009 - 05:13:28 PM »
they look great like the newer Challs but too bad the quality was poor

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline TRIPLE-GREEN

• Coupe Custom Accessories
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009 - 05:23:44 PM »
That's a bummer. I bought a set on fleabay and put them away for use on my 73 when it's done.  :eek4:

Yea, check them out before putting them away. I also used mine for 4 times and noticed a burn in the top of the backing lense. I used a standard bulb. If you got them from the same guy in canada you might want to send them back. Nothing against him he was helpful when I bought them but they just don't age well. On one of them the ground wire just poped out. I was super bummed with them!!  :eek4:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009 - 05:27:35 PM by TRIPLE-GREEN »

Offline 73EStroker

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009 - 02:01:00 PM »
Not to steal this thread but ...... I just finished installing my new H4 and H1 headlights by Hella. They fit bang on and will hurt if the opposing guys don't dim their lights. Pictures will come once I have them aligned. And yes I converted the harness to relay system so now large power draw through the switches and forewall connectors.
Barry (Salmon Arm)

Offline duodec

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009 - 12:50:12 AM »
I ran Carello H4 outer and H1 inner lights on my '71 for several years in Las Vegas (plus in the summers, at night, using the headlights as worklights for 45-50 minutes at a pop while not moving) and never had any sign of overheating or burning.  Quality really needs to be a primary consideration.  I'm sorry the ones you found didn't work out.

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009 - 09:52:31 AM »
Too bad about the lights.  They did look really cool.  :(
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger

Offline ShelbyDogg

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009 - 11:16:05 PM »
I bought 2 H4 housings for my low/highs  3 years ago, from JC-Whitney when the Power Tour stopped there for the Chicago lunch stop. Mine are actual clear glass in front. I'm very happy with them. Try not to buy any plastic housings.
Rob

3 E-bodies, Megasquirt-1v3.0, Edelbrock Pro-Flo-1, Holley C950, FAST EZ-EFI; say no to carbs...yes to throttle bodies

My Pace Car restoration thread:
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=44869.0