Author Topic: Todays nightmare  (Read 1398 times)

Offline REPOMAN

• Bustin knuckles
Todays nightmare
« on: April 12, 2003 - 03:05:10 PM »
 Ive got a 340 in my 73 cuda. I aslo have headers on the car. 20+ yrs ago you had to use a 45 deg angle adapter for the oil filter. I picked the car up after an extended stay in the shop (new motor) in the last month.

I ve noticed that there was an oil leak and have traced it down to the oil filter adapter. I replaced the gaskets today and this only made matters worst.

Question: do I really need this adapter? This day and age with shorter filters I would think not.

Help a borther out.
I'd rather be BLOWN than INJECTED!

FOUND: Sell slip on my cuda!
$2,000.00 On Dec. 7 1977

Offline BIG MIKE

Re:Todays nightmare
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2003 - 12:31:43 AM »
if you have room and the parts to put the filter on...go for it. they just used the adapter for better access to change filters (and clearance for headers).with the smaller filters i would change them more often.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2003 - 02:56:53 AM »
Thise are a pain , you need to tighten then until your face turns blue then turn it 1/4 of a turn with new gaskets in there
 Personally I like using the large filters but you can get away with the shorty too  

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline REPOMAN

• Bustin knuckles
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2003 - 01:33:05 PM »
 Oil leak is fixed! Help if you use ALL  the right gaskets. These gaskets can still be bought at your local Mopar parts house and are cheaper that at the parts stores. :o
I'd rather be BLOWN than INJECTED!

FOUND: Sell slip on my cuda!
$2,000.00 On Dec. 7 1977