Author Topic: really cool story  (Read 8123 times)

Offline JimSC

• Like what you buy, Buy what you like.
    • Supercar Collectibles
Re: really cool story
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2009 - 02:57:42 PM »
I just signed up yesterday, and now I have to explain my misty eyes here at work. Thanks a lot. Actually, thanks for sharing such a great story. Here is a 1:18 scale car we handled. Anything like Dad's?

Supercar Collectibles, Ltd.
www.Supercar1.com

Offline Bearcuda

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2009 - 09:30:56 PM »
Wow, that is so awesome. What a great mother and wife to your dad. Your mom rocks!  :2thumbs:
1973 Cuda 440
1971 Javelin SST

Offline KoriAhola

• 1972 Dodge Challenger (OO/=====\OO)1968 Dodge Dart
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2009 - 07:50:02 PM »
So how about those pictures?  It's tragic if that cars still sitting in a pole barn.  What a great story.  Don't tell me it ends with the car just slowly fading away in a barn.
1972 Dodge Challenger
1968 Dodge Dart

Offline sixpack340

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2009 - 08:27:24 PM »
haha, i havent checked in here much to see you guys and gals were still reading my story. yea the car is still sitting in the pole barn under a cover. dads been busy with other things that he hasnt been able to work on the car. and now that im selling mine theres almost no mopar work being done on any of the cars in the family....sad. ill have to see if i can get the pics for ya guys.

its funny tho. heres a twist on the story for ya...i get a call the other day, a guys interested in my car. since ive had all these tire kickers i didnt get excited. he said hes gonna have his brother come look at itsince he just had back surgery. so saturday morning his brother comes out and took some pics and looked over the car. we got to talking and i told him that my old man has a 70 b5 blue challenger 440 yadda yadda yadda. the guy says to me, "yea, my brother had one like that a few years ago, he bought it all torn up, someone hit a pole with it and the car was in bad shape...". so i asked, is your brothers name butch by any chance? hes like yea, howd you know his nickname, i said" thats my dads car!! that was my mom he sold it to!" we were laughing. i couldnt believe it, small freakin world. so butch is coming over tuesday to give me a deposit on it! i think that is so funny how it panned out. i never knew it was butch i was talking to. ive known the guy through my dad for a few years now. haha. so hopefully my wifes as cool as my mom and buys my cuda back when its all done!! haha. no, probably not, but at least i know the cars going to good hands. :thumbsup:
i plan to leave this world the same way i came into it...by accident.

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2009 - 07:56:40 AM »
that was a heartwarming story...  :bigshades:
I never took the time to read many "longer" stories posted on the board, but the best stories are the long ones, and I`m enjoying them more and more....  :clapping:   great mom you`ve got there  :2thumbs:
*** Bart ***

Offline Super Blue 72

• Permanent Resident
  • "Big 'n Little" Member since 8/9/05
    • Phil's Super Blue '72
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2009 - 09:24:59 AM »
 :iagree:  What a cool story.  It really is a small world!  These are like the stories you read about in Mopar Collector's Guide... it actually would make a cool submission!  :grinyes:
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye 340, AT, Code TB3=Super Blue, SBD=8/17/1971.  Yes, a Rallye without the fender louvers from the factory because of the body side molding option.

Pic #2 and 3 of my ARII 1/24 scale model car 

Phil in New England-Massachusetts  Always thank God for what you have!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/456046/1972-dodge-challenger