Author Topic: shipping  (Read 1213 times)

Offline rattlesnake

• Rattlesnake
shipping
« on: October 28, 2013 - 09:06:01 am »
I'll tell ya what burns my ***. (besides a flame 3' high) is when E-bay sellers do not know what they are selling and don't know what they fit. Part is advertised as fitting a certain car, so I make a purchase. Get the part and it doesn't come close to fitting or looks like crap.. The seller says return it for a full refund. The catch is I have to pay for shipping to and fro. What a crock!

keep honking I'm reloading

Offline Tropicalcats

• Resident
  • Don't Ever, Ever Give Up
Re: shipping
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013 - 11:14:12 am »
I got ink for my printer on time they clearly sent the wrong product. It was listed on the packing slip. I was told I could send it back for an exchange I just needed to pay shipping back and than shipping for the correct item.

BS
They will get away with what they can. I got the return shipping for free and will never order from them again.
1970 Challenger R/T 383  Matching#s JS23N0E under construction. It's Plum Crazy
SOLD

Offline Jamiez

• Retro
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013 - 11:37:41 am »
File a complaint through eBay?  They should make sure you get the item for no more than the initial cost.  As long as the seller is at fault, they will end up eating the shipping.

Offline rattlesnake

• Rattlesnake
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013 - 03:53:20 pm »
I did not know that about E-bay, Jamiez. I will certainly try it.

Offline tman

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013 - 03:53:27 pm »
Even some brick and mortar stores do the same thing.  Part of the risk when not buying local.  It does suck, but all you can do is ask for them to pay for return shipping. 

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013 - 04:56:57 pm »
 :iagree:

I try ti support brick and mortar stores when I can, but some of them are just determined to go out of business. A few years ago I bought a game at a strategy game store in Fayetteville, NC. I accidentally got the wrong thing. I brought it back, in their shrink wrap, and asked if I could exchange it. The chick behind the counter just tapped a sign on the glass that said "No exchanges/No Refunds." I said "You know I can buy this a lot cheaper online? She shrugged, and I shrugged, and I never went back.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline rattlesnake

• Rattlesnake
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013 - 08:07:03 pm »
I try to buy from the most reputable businesses who actually have stores like Year One, Classic Industries, Jims Auto Parts, Summit Racing and on and on. I enjoy buying from site members as well. Sometimes it appears, you can get things from Ebay that just aren't offered from other vendors. For instance one item I just bought from E-bay was the most complete grill kit for a 1970 cuda. It included the spacers, the inserts that go in the main body of the grill to mount the headlight grill in, the body scews plugs for mounting the headlight grills to the body, all bolts and screws and body nuts for the grill. I though wow, all in one package. Unfortunately the spacers are the only thing that worked. The body nuts were too big, the screws were too short, the grill inserts were too big to slide in the grill and the headlight grill mounting plugs were too big. The vendor says he will give a full refund but I have to pay for shipping. All together I am out 22.00 for shipping on a 48.00 item, that I had already modified to fit before I realized that nothing was going to fit, bummer! I also ordered cheap antennae that said in the opening decription that it was for a 67,68,69,70,71-74 barracuda, to put on until I can get the money together to buy a nice one(150.00). The one I got looked like a toy and did not fit at all. Same deal full refund but I pay all shipping. These guys are crooks period