Author Topic: 2nd Chance Offer  (Read 1140 times)

Offline CUDAMAN1970

2nd Chance Offer
« on: April 08, 2013 - 08:08:33 pm »
This weekend, I bid on an e-bay item and was outbid by one person.  Reserve price was not met.

About 12 hours after the auction ended, I received a "2nd chance offer" from the seller.

This seems a little odd because I would assume the person with the highest bid would get any offer from the seller (if the seller decided to sell below reserve).

My concern is the high bidder may have been shilling for the seller to get the price up.  Perhaps I'm being paranoid!  I've only had 2nd chance offers through e-bay.

:feedback:

Offline crocha617

Re: 2nd Chance Offer
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013 - 04:23:02 pm »
Make sure you log into your ebay account and make sure the offer is through ebay and not just from your e-mail. The high bidder probably was a shill bidder but if you want to pay what they're offering and it's legit it doesn't really matter. Right?

Offline MEK-Dangerfield

• C-C.com Expert
  • I don't get NO respect! Member since 1/25/2002
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013 - 04:53:03 pm »
I once lost out on an expensive item on E-Bay. Then I got a second chance offer, but suddenly the English wasn't so good, where in the ad it was perfect. Heck, I was like the 5th highest bidder, so I knew it was a scam.

Mike

1970 Challenger - SOLD
2016 SXT+.  1 of 524 SXT+'s in Plumb-crazy for 2016.

Offline 4 speed fish

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013 - 05:18:41 pm »
What they do is they offer you a second chance offer at a price they fill good at.They have someone bidding to get it up to their price.Offer a lower price or tell them to relist the item.