Author Topic: Wiper problem / question  (Read 194 times)

Offline jason340

Wiper problem / question
« on: September 17, 2017 - 04:47:14 pm »
I had to use my wipers for the first time and they don't function properly. I found an old thread on how to test the motor and all checks out well, high, low and park using jumper wires at the  wiper motor plug. When connected to the switch I have only low speed and off but no high or park. Looking at the back of the switch I see one spade connector that is not connected to anything. It is on the nine oclock position looking from the back. The spade in question is closest to the steering column. Is there a way to test the switch for proper operation and if necessary who do you use to rebuild/ repair it?
 70 Challenger R/T
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017 - 06:49:03 pm by jason340 »

Offline jason340

Re: Wiper problem / question
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017 - 05:01:50 pm »
I found the problem. It was two part. First the switch did not have a good ground which made the wipers only have one speed and no park, second I had to adjust the wiper motor to give more travel for the park mode to retract the wiper blades to their proper location.

Offline JayBee

• Resident
Re: Wiper problem / question
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017 - 08:15:36 am »
Good job on the fix.
Here's a couple pictures of the back of both types of switches. There's always an empty spade connector. I'm posting these again because they were originally posted with Photobucket and that question comes up a lot.

John

1970 Barracuda convertible
2000 Toyota Avalon