Author Topic: Wiper linkage rubs cowl  (Read 136 times)

Offline usraptr

Wiper linkage rubs cowl
« on: September 12, 2017 - 08:40:41 pm »
I hooked up the windshield wiper linkage to my 3 speed wiper motor on my '70'Cuda today and everything seems to work okay except that the linkage that connects to the motor rubs on the upper cowl.  I've attached a picture with the rub area circled in red.  I've also included a picture of the linkage arm connected to the back of the motor rotating arm.  First of all any idea why my linkage is rubbing and how do I correct it?  Secondly, the attachment to the back of the motor inside the cowl seems pretty straight forward, but please look at the picture and tell me if I have it connected incorrectly.  If so, what do I have incorrect please. As always, thanks for the help.  :help:
1970 Plymouth 'Cuda.  Matching numbers 440 U Code, 4 speed pistol grip, Rallye dash, AM 8 Track, Shaker hood, 15 inch rallye wheels, Dana 60 4.10, Super Track Pak.  One of 134 - 440 "U" coupes codes built in 1970 and one of 100 - 440 Super Track Paks built in 1970.

Restoration pictures at:  http://spanks4thememory.smugmug.com/Cars/70-Cuda/7240639_M24oi#465274575_2MBqW
(Edited 8-1-17)

"usraptr" = United States raptor - bird of prey = United States Bald Eagle.  FYI, somebody else thought of it first so I had to drop the "O" in raptor.