Some updates before I install the engine we have some cosmetic things to do.
Sort of a before picture. Plan on sanding down the engine bay this week and paint it black prior to engine install. Can see the driver side inner fender is rough shape.
Inner fender was rusted were the battery was. We're relocating battery to the trunk.
Removed outer Fender, took out the spot welds and got ride of the junk inner fender.
Aftermarket inner fender is welded back in with a test fit of the outer fender. Everything seems to line up.
Moved MSD into the passenger side floor. I'd like to reduce wires in the engine bay and try to dress it up in time. (chrome brake booster etc). And yes I know this will be in view, but I don't care that much. It's easy to get to, and plug a computer in. This is not a show car by any means. I did however find the original fender tag when I pulled the carpet up. The vin says it's a 340 car originally, so I look forward to matching up the fender tag. I'll post it this weekend and see if you all can help me decode it.
This weekend we hope to get the bay painted, tie rods/idler arm/pitman arm replaced. I tried calling firm feel since the steering box is right there and accessible, but the earliest I can get a box is in 2 weekends and I don't want to wait that long. I did order some new upper control arms from them and will slap them in next week. Should assist with the steering.
Here is the engine. The build specs should be prior in the thread. Heads and intake came out nice - CNCed RPM heads, Port matched single plane intake, topping it off with a AED 1050 carb. I still have my dual plane intake, but being a BB Stroker it should have plenty of grunt down low, so this should up my HP in the top end as long as the heads flow. I don't like those valve covers so I ordered some fabricated flat black mopar ones from jegs. Going to wait until the engine is in to install them so I don't scratch em. It has a comp roller set up with a mild cam. 1.5 comp rockers. I'd need to dig the specs out from my receipts to see what grind it is. The cam was originally specked to hold vacuums for EFI, which I plan to do eventually. However between new hood hinges, radiator, mounts, nuts bolts, misc fixes as we find them and other projects, I thought I'd hold off.
Overall I'm pleased with how everything is coming together. Lots of work and time, but will be great to get it back on the road. Our goal is to get the engine in the bay Sunday, then from there I can spend some nights after work getting it all bolted in. Hopefully we have some videos of it running in the next 10-15 days.