Author Topic: Holy Crap Batman !  (Read 2982 times)

Offline js27

• MOPAR OR NO CAR
Holy Crap Batman !
« on: February 03, 2015 - 09:27:18 pm »
I finally got all set up with Pay Pal after 2 weeks of back and forth with them. I listed my old Nintendo NES system  and it sold. When I posted the add E bay said the listing fee was $2.90. I get a breakdown from ebay and they are charging me $20.99 for the sale. They called it a Final sale price. When did they start this crap? They charge like 10% and then they had a charge for shipping that I didn't even use. Then Pay Pal chagred me another $ 7.44 FOR THEIR SERVICE. It cost me almost $30.00 on a $204.50 sale. Does this sound right ? This is my first ebay sale since the early 2000's. Things have changed.
JS27
1967 GTX
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline tommyg29

• Resident
Re: Holy Crap Batman !
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015 - 10:13:16 pm »
wow, I was just about to put some old cuda stuff on ebay, and I havent sold anything on ebay in about 3-4 years.
Seems like paypal and ebay are squeezing it hard. Does ebay own paypal?
Craigslist has its issues too though.
72 Roadrunner 400-4 Auto-3.23 Gear-Black Cruiser
71 Cuda 440-6 Tribute-Limelight-A833 Close Ratio-4 Sp-Pistol Grip-Dana 3.54 Powr Lok-Rally Dash-Shaker (Sold)
92 Dodge Stealth RT-Twin 15g Turbos-SAFC2 Tuned-Mystic Blue-5 Sp-AWD-Rear Wheel Steering-AutoX'r (Sold)
12 Dodge Charger SXT Plus Blacktop Package-3.6L-8 Sp-Leather-Nav (the wife's)

Multiple SRT's, Rams, Dakotas, Caravans and Neons

...the lines on the road just look like dots!....

Offline tman

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015 - 10:15:55 pm »
Yep, you have to pay your Protection money to play.  Lot of folks were upset that Ebay can take money from shpg charges.  I think that is because sellers inflated shpg prices to make up for fees, but Ebay caught on. 

Offline brads70

• C-C.com Expert
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015 - 10:29:36 pm »
If I buy something from E-Bay from outside of Canada , Ebay is kind enough to also add on " customs fee's" that are more that they should be! In other words E-Bay is making additional profits under the disguise of "customs feel's"  :villagers:
I don't but off E-Bay anymore unless I can get it shipped to a USA address.
Brad
1970 Challenger 451stroker/4L60 auto OD
Barrie,Ontario,Canada
Proud to own one of the best cars ever made!!!!!

My restoration thread 
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=59072.0
 My handling upgrade post
http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=73985.0

Offline roadman5312

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015 - 08:04:35 am »
    Use Craigs List, don't list your phone #, tell people to contact you via E mail if interested.  I got burned by E bay fees once, never used them since.   :2cents:

Offline js27

• MOPAR OR NO CAR
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015 - 08:31:40 pm »
Yes ebay bought out pal pal and now they get you coming and going if your selling. I have tons of parts to sell and was planing on using ebay but not at those prices. I will find fourms and craigslist.
I can't imagine how much they would charge if you sold a car say for 50,000.00.
When ever I sold stuff years ago I would charge actual shipping cost. The winner sent me their address and I got a quote and then they would send a money order for the item and shipping and away it went. You can't do that anymore --you have to have  a shipping quote in order to post. I filled in their shipping calculator and they came up with the price which was actually 15.00 more than it cost me to ship myself.

I am done selling on ebay.
JS27
1967 GTX
1970 Dodge Challenger R/T Conv.

Offline Rich G

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015 - 06:19:12 pm »
Maybe we'll go back to the days of going to swap meets and digging through a pile of parts and actually seeing what your buying first! Ahh the good old days.

Offline 4406v

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015 - 12:09:34 pm »
I stopped using E-bay when they forced you to use Pay-Pal which they own!!! Nothing like double dipping.
"Live for today, Tomorrow never comes"

Offline cbrxxtreme

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015 - 03:03:12 pm »
I buy a lot from ebay, just cause I can find anything, and usually cheaper that local dealer by a lot! I haven't sold in years due to my stuff getting "broke", or lost, or just jerk buyers complaining about a $6.00 G.I Joe toy. and having to refund $$$ all the time! :villagers:
Dads 1 owner 1970 Barracuda convertible.

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 46?
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2015 - 01:20:02 am »
aselling on ebay has really gotten to be a PITA IMHO. And definitely not fun anymore. I still buy occasionally. with the fees I don't know how some things actually make any money. and then I bought something that was due for delivery on Tuesday... its in shipping limbo somewhere......  :banghead:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
www.a-dparts.com  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline AussieMark

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2015 - 07:18:39 am »
A lot of sellers even offer a discount or free shipping if you deposit the payment into their bank account instead of using Paypal.

Offline 1 Wild R/T

• Resident
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2015 - 09:57:01 pm »
A good friend of mine has been selling on Ebay for about a year now, mostly he sells detailing supplies... He also sells them on his website... If you look at his photos on Ebay the show the website... If you go to the website you can buy the exact same products for less because your not paying for Ebays %.... He sells three times as much on Ebay because people are to lazy to do some research...   So all I can say is Ebay provides a large audience of people who are willing to pay for convenience.... Build Ebays % into your sale & use their exposure or sell locally & try to find someone who will give you similar $$
JS27N0B 70 Challenger R/T Convertible  FJ5 Sublime, Show Poodle w/90,000 miles since resto
WS27L8G 68 Coronet R/T Convertible  PP1 Bright Red, Project
RM21H9E 69 Road Runner Coupe R4 Performance Red, Sold...
5H21C  65 Falcon 2 dr Wagon... Dog Hauler...