Author Topic: Budget 440 Rebuild Estimated Costs  (Read 15729 times)

Offline 70cudaFun

Re: Budget 440 Rebuild Estimated Costs
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2017 - 11:16:23 AM »
I see that being reasonable? Somebody who does this day in and day out with the proper tools on hand. Its torque specs, and compressing rings, it shouldn't take long when you can do it in your sleep. But then again it is a forum, and you don't have the benefit of seeing his shop/customer service. I feel he should have charged more for his work but glad he didn't. On the flip side I may put that block in this weekend and it will blow a rod after my first mile. I doubt it, but time could still prove you right  :popcorn:

As for the OP, let me know if you have any questions around other costs. I'm not the technical person, but I've purchased a ton of parts recently. This book is dollars well spent. Will outline engine recipes, parts and why they matter.

How to Build Max-Performance Mopar Big Blocks

Andy Finkbeiner

That sounds like a good read.  I will have to check it out.  Thanks

Offline 1 Wild R/T

• Resident
Re: Budget 440 Rebuild Estimated Costs
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2017 - 11:51:54 AM »
Andy's book is good but honestly it's not aimed toward budget builds...   You want to read something.....   

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Step-By-Step-Guide-to-Engine-Blueprinting-by-Rick-Voegelin-/112380249715?hash=item1a2a628673:g:CuwAAOSwVm5Y-2lM&vxp=mtr

Read, learn, build your own short block, save $$ & build confidence in what is happening under the hood....  I've never paid to have a short block built, I've built over 200 & I've never had one fail....
JS27N0B 70 Challenger R/T Convertible  FJ5 Sublime, Show Poodle w/90,000 miles since resto
WS27L8G 68 Coronet R/T Convertible  PP1 Bright Red, Project
RM21H9E 69 Road Runner Coupe R4 Performance Red, Sold...
5H21C  65 Falcon 2 dr Wagon... Dog Hauler...