Beware! 572 Hemi on eBay by Gozzy or Gosselin Motors ( gozzymopar )

Author Topic: Beware! 572 Hemi on eBay by Gozzy or Gosselin Motors ( gozzymopar )  (Read 17677 times)

Offline AARTA340

Re: Beware! 572 Hemi on eBay by Gozzy or Gosselin Motors ( gozzymopar )
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2014 - 07:49:07 PM »
After reading his feedback,  Gozzymopar's,  only a fool would buy from him. There are way too many negatives to ever make me buy from him. When I do buy, from an unknown, just because ebay says he is 100% positive, I will go back several pages of feedback, and amazing how some have skeletons hanging in there cyber feedback lists.

As stated, buyer beware!

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2014 - 08:25:34 PM »
I tried seeing if he had any active listings on E Bay and couldn't find any.
Another negative comment on B Body's website.
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2014 - 07:42:44 PM »
I tried seeing if he had any active listings on E Bay and couldn't find any.
Another negative comment on B Body's website.
I saw that one too.

Mike - I left the BIG bucket on my loader just in case.  :roflsmiley:
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline AARTA340

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2014 - 02:37:06 PM »

Offline dfrazz

• 1970 Cuda - 1968 Charger
  • Resident
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2014 - 04:02:28 PM »
No negative comments on eBay

Offline Topcat

• C-C.com Expert
  • Member since 9/16/04
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2014 - 07:11:34 PM »

Payments:Money order/Cashiers check,  Personal check
Mike, Fremont, CA.

Offline AARTA340

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2014 - 07:29:07 PM »

Here is his page with around 6-10 feed-backs that should send up a flag or two. Both red neg's and gray neutrals.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller&userid=gozzymopar&iid=-1&de=off&interval=0&items=200

Offline dfrazz

• 1970 Cuda - 1968 Charger
  • Resident
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2014 - 07:55:46 PM »
Here is his page with around 6-10 feed-backs that should send up a flag or two. Both red neg's and gray neutrals.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller&userid=gozzymopar&iid=-1&de=off&interval=0&items=200

I'm looking at the page and see 9 in the last month, 34 in last 6 months and 59 in the last year all positive with 0 greys and reds.  What am I missing?

Offline AARTA340

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2014 - 08:10:12 PM »
I'm looking at the page and see 9 in the last month, 34 in last 6 months and 59 in the last year all positive with 0 greys and reds.  What am I missing?

Not sure why you are not getting to the page where the questionable feedback is. An easy way is to just click on a users feedback, and at the top left is a tab that lists feedback as a seller. Click it. At the bottom of the page, you have the option to open up from  25, 50, 100, 200 etc. Click on the 200. Yes it does appear to be a perfect 100% but with a little further digging, some very dissatisfied buyers have left what they endured. It does look like he has cleaned up his act, but only with items sold through the system and not side bar transactions. Hope this helps.

Offline HP_Cuda

• Hit the skinny little pedal on the right!
  • Sr. Resident
  • Mopar or No Car!
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2014 - 01:53:38 PM »

First thing is I wouldn't ever buy a motor on or off ebay from a guy named gozzymopar.

1970 Cuda Clone 440 4 speed - sublime green
1970 Cuda 383 4 speed - yellow - SOLD

Offline XRAYMIND

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2022 - 12:43:37 PM »

Jim Gosselin is a criminal.  He rippes me off during covid

link=topic=97150.msg1005374#msg1005374 date=1414259618]
First thing is I wouldn't ever buy a motor on or off ebay from a guy named gozzymopar.

[/quote]
I've decided I'm going to speak up and share an embarrassing experience to try and prevent others from getting burned.  I've already found WAY too many people with horror stories on this person.  I'll tell you up front - I'm not a very active member because my car build has stopped while I save up my money.  While in the service, I saved up to buy a new 572 Hemi for my car.  And last spring, I saw an engine on eBay by Jim at Gosselin Motors, aka Gozzy Motors out of Northbridge, MA.  On eBay he goes by:

Gozzymopar

Of course, he insisted that I complete the transaction off eBay and pay via check.  After he provided the quote, I agreed and sent the money.  Seemed like a fair deal based on the build out.

My "new" 572 finally arrived after lengthy delays.  Week after week "it was shipped, but no one knows where it's at."  Naturally, it arrived with some of the wrong parts.  Ooops.  Mistakes happen right?  Initially, I wanted to give a person a chance to correct their mistakes and "make it right." However, what I'm seeing is a trend toward bad behavior.  I started to go back and forth about the parts issues, but as it turns out – it didn’t matter anyway.  The engine would never make it to the dyno.  I popped the valve covers to find metal shavings all over and burred rocker shafts from forcing them into warped stands.  Why warped?  The "new" rocker stands were welded!  Sides, top, bottom…all over.  And the valves were rubbing the stands (ZERO clearance throughout stroke).  One thing after another.  This is JUST the beginning - and this is basic stuff.  I reported the issue, and although he claims they weren’t welded, he did finally send me some new stands.  Guess what – they’re welded too!  Maybe to add insult to injury?  Since that point, I already read WAY too many posts about swapped internals, so it's going to be torn down this month to verify components/tolerances/damage.

Bottom line - definitely don't trust the motor out of the box or going to the dyno.  In fact, I was surprised that Jim was unhappy to find out I was putting the engine on the dyno - even just to do cam break-in and tune the fuel injection.  It's sad to hear the trend and feedback from other buyers.  It's all too common for this shady character. If you ask Jim for references, you'll get raised eyebrows (which should be a red flag right there).  And if you contact some of the "buyers" from him on eBay - beware! My impression is that some of those are fraudster straw buyers...not actual purchasers.
As mentioned, I’ll be returning home soon and the motor is going to be torn down and inspected - I'm afraid of what else we'll find (or not find), but I'll soon find out.  If I find out the build order/contract and receipts provided don't match the components inside, we'll have much bigger problems...and at a minimum, that's not going to go well.

As for the missing parts - they kept getting "lost in the mail."  Naturally, sent without tracking or insurance via USPS.  That's convenient, considering I sent prepaid shipping labels with the returned parts.  Moreover, I sure wasn't treated like a paying customer - even when I sent the FULL amount via check...10 months ago (from the date of my engine tear down with zero hours). I've been more than patient and understanding.