Barracuda Challenger Forum

Author Topic: Ignition -HRR688 Ignition  (Read 560 times)

Offline HRR688

Ignition -HRR688 Ignition
« on: April 14, 2016 - 05:20:42 pm »
Hey Guys
Time to get rid of a few misnomers regarding our HRR688 ignition Box introduced in 2012

Coils.... the Micro-processor that controls the charge time to the coil is calibrated to match the Pertronix 40011 Oil Filled Coil.... NOT the Epoxy version.  When I was a kid back in the late 50's and 60's working my Dad one of my jobs was to check the screw in the coil and make sure it was tight, I have done that on every oil filled coil since and I've mounted them in many positions and I don't recall any leaks... ever... and ever is a long time for me.  Seems this simple part of installing a coil has been lost over the years. There's a reason we chose this coil, after testing no fewer that 60 coils from China. S. America, several other Asian sources and once we determined the correct coil that would operate within our perimeters we then fine tuned the Processor to get a perfect match.  Using an alternate coil will only shorten the life of you HRR688 Box or coil.  There is a reason why we sell the Kit as Box and Coil.

Capacitor Discharge Boxes.... like the Awesome Daytona Sensors CD-1, MSD or Crane along with multiple fake copies of all of the above made who knows where....this type of ignition is designed for 2 reasons ....1. To operate your 7000+ RPM race motor or 2. To empty your wallet on stuff that's unreliable and not designed for street application.  Most of these are made offshore in Asia or maybe Mexico with the Exception of Daytona Sensors which is all built in Florida and IMO the best CD ignition you can buy.

HRR688.... is NOT a slightly modified version of a old 70's technology ignition box, it is a fully computerized instrument designed from scratch with a new vision and Level 5 electronics just like your smartphone, not quite as smart, but it has a very limited tasks to perform.   It has been tested and tortured more than any other part we have ever designed.  We created a "Bathtub" for failures (You can search term) our bathtub won't hold water after 4 years and 4000 units world wide the bathtub has no dip in it we have only replaced 2 units .0005% warranty not a bad average... I wonder how Ma Mopar is doing on their warranty's?

This product is so successful and so reliable as of 5.1.16 we fully intend to raise our warranty to 5 years from the current 3.  If you have no failures you can offer whatever you want for warranty.  I would go lifetime but that may not be as good as what we offer now :-)

If you have any questions about our HRR688 then come straight to the source we'll give you the straight answers.

Offline HRR688

Re: Ignition -HRR688 Ignition
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017 - 02:39:24 pm »
The warranty on the HRR688 Ignition is now 5 years, still no further Warranty claims, coils are warranted by Pertronix for 30 Months.
The warranty is retro-active back the the 1st box sold in 2012. So at this point (6.3.17) every box ever made is still under full warranty.

Offline dodj

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017 - 09:09:55 am »
What is an hrr688?
Scott
1973 Challenger  440 4 spd 
2007.5 3500 6.7 Cummins Diesel, Anarchy tuned.
Good friends don't let friends do stupid things. ........alone.

Online Fern

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017 - 09:26:02 am »

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017 - 06:59:05 pm »
I t was the earier version tht had 80% failure rate i guess

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline HRR688

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017 - 09:27:38 am »
There you go again opening your big mouth about something you know nothing about... It was 3.7% over 11 years 3 months.

They we made by Standard Motor Products with our upgraded Transistor and a copper circuit board, that's the only changes that were made to their top of the line production model.  SMP sent all their ECU manufacturing to China and Mexico in 2011 and could no longer custom build our ECU and we were no longer interested in a Chinese version so we ended the OEM program with them and brought the HRR688 ECU to market.

Again ... Hows your line of electronics doing?

Maybe you should read my book like over 30,000 other people have, you might learn something.

Online Fern

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017 - 09:33:57 am »
I have your ignition  in my challenger and think it's a great product, but going off on a member here isn't the best advertising.
Again great product  :thumbsup:

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2017 - 09:27:01 pm »
it was just  my case where 4 out of 5 failed

Offline dodj

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2017 - 10:00:46 pm »
but going off on a member here isn't the best advertising.
:iagree:
Scott
1973 Challenger  440 4 spd 
2007.5 3500 6.7 Cummins Diesel, Anarchy tuned.
Good friends don't let friends do stupid things. ........alone.

Offline TelisSE440

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2017 - 06:32:53 am »
...but going off on a member here isn't the best advertising.
:iagree: x2

Offline HRR688

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2017 - 01:21:31 pm »
He's not a member he's a "Moderator" which means he's supposed to be moderating and making sure that everyone sticks to HIS rules, except him.

He's been publishing these false statements for years and I have stood by and ignored his slandering but I've had enough.

Just show me the invoice where you bought 5 of our ECU's or at least the year and your real name so I can verify that you did buy them.

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2017 - 01:03:16 pm »
Fact - I buy 5 systems
Fact - I have 4 fail / 80%
Fact - #5 was down on power on the dyno & was also replaced
Fact - most of my customers were good & paid to replae the system I had recommended buy not all so I had to pay to replae 1-2 systems
 it is not that failures are not expeted , it is how things are handled when failures happen
 this was a decade ago maybe your product has improved  :dunno: