Author Topic: Life beyond our planet ?  (Read 9811 times)

Offline TelisSE440

Re: Life beyond our planet ?
« Reply #60 on: December 23, 2015 - 04:38:53 pm »
hmmm, after 150 yrs, you'd think they would have found some similarities, especially with the mapping of the genome, and all the advances in computers
and DNA analysis.

Well to tell the truth, i don't believe they will find even after 10 years (although the chemical analysis of the DNA started in the 80s and ended in the 00s). They are trying to find similarities in organisms that existed a lot of years ago. The ancient specimen are hard to find and have a lot of contamination in their DNA. Some specimen might even be more than 50000 years old. DNA was something that it is in front of us to explore, ancient DNA is something to first be found in ancient specimen and then be studied, if it is in nicely preserved condition.

Offline ChallengerHK

• Sr. Resident
  • I'm working on it - No, really
« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2015 - 04:54:37 pm »
Or...God created quantum mechanics, and physics in general (all other physical sciences are really branches of physics) and left them to do what He created them to do.

This is a concept which came out of the Enlightenment called the Watchmaker God. God winds it up and lets it go. I've never understood why it gets no airtime.

"She'll make point five past light speed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, and I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

- Han Solo, Star Wars

Advice Thread - Taking Pictures Of Cars

Offline cudabob496

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2015 - 06:06:14 pm »
sure, that's one viewpoint.  But God in the Bible tends to speak things into existence.  He says "let there be"
and there is!
72 Cuda, owned 25 years. 496, with ported Stage VI heads, .625 in solid roller, 254/258 at .050, 3500 stall, 3.91 rear. 850 Holley DP, Reverse manual valve body.

1999 Trans Am, LS1, heads, cam, headers, stall, etc! Love to surprise the rice rockets with this one. They seem so confident, then it's "what the heck just happened?"

Offline cudabob496

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2015 - 06:08:03 pm »
Interesting that the first evidences of humans on this planet, are accompanied
by intelligent writing.

Its not like the first human was too stupid to tie his shoes! lol

and, consider this, the first man and woman in the Bible were created as adults.
Makes sense. If God created them as infants, they would have died.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015 - 06:18:05 pm by cudabob496 »
72 Cuda, owned 25 years. 496, with ported Stage VI heads, .625 in solid roller, 254/258 at .050, 3500 stall, 3.91 rear. 850 Holley DP, Reverse manual valve body.

1999 Trans Am, LS1, heads, cam, headers, stall, etc! Love to surprise the rice rockets with this one. They seem so confident, then it's "what the heck just happened?"

Offline roadman5312

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #64 on: December 25, 2015 - 08:03:00 am »
        :dunno:                 http://www.viralnova.com/ufo-iss/

Offline TelisSE440

« Reply #65 on: December 25, 2015 - 09:37:26 am »
        :dunno:                 http://www.viralnova.com/ufo-iss/

Can't explain it to tell the truth. But all the videos that clearly depict alien beings have been proven to be wrong. I just believe that thousands of people working in NASA or Roscosmos etc would have whispered at least something, if they were threatened ok, but not even to their families ? Just a little difficult. When the Yalta conference took place in Feb 1945 between Roosevelt, Churchill and Stalin, Roosevelt stated that they were in development of a weapon of mass desruction, Stalin couldn't look more indifferent. Much later it was revealed that the Soviets Intelligence knew about the Manhattan Project since its early beginning in 1942 i think. I mean it's very difficult to hide something of such proportions.

Offline Gus cuda

« Reply #66 on: December 25, 2015 - 09:58:35 am »
I am really enjoying this thread, some of you guys are very intelligent! I believe there is life out there and it is in the form of God. When I look around at everything I see, I just can't believe all this is by coincidence. Our "science" is very primitive, meaning we are only man living on this tiny planet. How do we really even begin to wrap our heads around "out there" when we haven't even explored the depths of our own oceans? If science does eventually prove the theory of evolution, it will not be anytime soon.