Author Topic: I  (Read 19151 times)

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
Re: I
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2015 - 05:55:52 pm »
Ken, thanks for that testimony.  I needed that.  And a big thanks to everyone.  Yes I am a fighter. My job tried to kill me many a times.  2 others that were working on my job just died in Oct and December.  Right now, as of today, I am just having bad headaches, vision problems, shaking, and bad memory loss. I keep feeling like im in the movie groundhog day.  I find my self going to do something , heading in that direction, then forgeting and start to head back, then remember what I was going to do, then too tired to do it.  My left side seems stronger than my right. Since I got Don's car up and going now, I decided to move things around in my shop and clean up some. I found out bending over is a big no no. It makes me hear my heart beat in the side of my neck and ear.  And when I moved my 500 lb bench, my left side seemed to move it ok, but my right side took more energy.  I just decided to sit down and rest, since my chest hurts a bit.

I was scheduled for more scans and tests today, but the dam doc that does them got the flu. So I got mad and just decided I would do what I wanted to today.   Peggy drives me where I need to go right now, as I catch myself getting confused and wobbly.  But guys, Im ok, I can still keep up with most. I kinda still feel ok, just gotta kick this headache is all    ALAN\

Please dont worry.  Im not here for sympathy, just fellowship

Offline jimynick

• Resident
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2015 - 06:49:49 pm »
"Please dont worry.  Im not here for sympathy, just fellowship"  We'll take you any old way you like Al! Good luck with the docs!  :2thumbs:

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2015 - 07:57:12 pm »
"And when I moved my 500 lb bench"    ::)
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline dakota

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2015 - 08:02:50 pm »
Hang in there.   The approach my wife used when I went through cancer testing and eventual surgery was this:  it's not bad news until we know it's bad news.   This approach was particularly important when waiting between a test and getting the results - it's too easy to drive yourself crazy trying to guess about the oucome.  Getting additional medical opinions can also help.   The first doc I went to for a surgical opinion thought there was a good chance I wouldn't live through the procedure.   Doc #2 took a different approach which worked out fine.

Offline BIGSHCLUNK

• Sr. Resident
  • Miss NIKKI - were you this hot at 48?
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2015 - 09:57:43 pm »

Please dont worry.  Im not here for sympathy, just fellowship
we're here for ya Alan.........
70 Chally R/T Convertible- Yes she's really got a HEMI, no she's not a Charger!
                                             [o o o o]
                                                  OO
                                                  OO 
                                              [o o o o]
https://www.aanddtruckautoparts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Offline Moparal

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2015 - 11:10:30 pm »
I buried my dad with my own 2 hands. He died in my home dec 2010, he had brain cancer. My favorite uncle died of brain cancer. But I am going to fight this, im sure it is benign and pushing around 500 lbs of dead weight really isnt all that much for me. Most know that about me.  My motto on my old buisness cards said   The impossible in a day, Miracles sometimes take longer

Offline AARCuda340+6

• Resident
  • Southern Ontario
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2015 - 01:00:08 am »

You have had many difficult days in your life as you have shared many with us all here on the forum.
Those days have made you tougher and stronger and with all the support from your friends here and your family there you will beat anything thrown at you.
I don't know you from a hill of beans but from all the adversity you have gone threw with your job/tornadoes/family you are "Superman"

You will most definitely be in my prayers for a positive report.
Take care.

You can call me RAY or RAYMOND or RAZOR or THE ZOR!
70 AAR Cuda
04 Rumble Bee

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2015 - 01:26:39 am »
"And when I moved my 500 lb bench"    ::)

I`m pretty sure he didn`t move it with his head....  :dunno:
*** Bart ***

Offline cudabob496

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2015 - 02:18:14 am »
Friend of mine had a large brain tumor on side of his head, and lotta people were
fearful, but after surgery, he made a complete recovery, and was back at work!!
72 Cuda, owned 25 years. 496, with ported Stage VI heads, .625 in solid roller, 254/258 at .050, 3500 stall, 3.91 rear. 850 Holley DP, Reverse manual valve body.

1999 Trans Am, LS1, heads, cam, headers, stall, etc! Love to surprise the rice rockets with this one. They seem so confident, then it's "what the heck just happened?"

Offline BadJoey

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2015 - 04:18:40 am »
I'm never good about things to say at times like this so I'll just say I'm sorry and hope everything works out .

Offline Slotts

« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2015 - 06:48:49 am »
Hey Alan. I just read through this thread and had a conversation with Anna and Eric. He is home from Cheng Du, China right now and leaving again on February 2nd. You know we are all in your corner. Hang in there, Buddy.  The three of us need to hear you play another round of Dead Skunk In The Middle Of The Road! That is still funny every time I think about that. Tell Peggy we all love her, too.

Anna, Eric and a Nutcase

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2015 - 08:24:29 am »
I know more than 3 people that have had tumors removed with no issue as long as they are near the suface & can be reached .
 I know you will beat this , hang in there buddy .  :2thumbs:

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline tommyg29

• Resident
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2015 - 08:42:59 am »
I think we all have lost friends and family to cancer, but I know many more who have survived it. The tools to fight it are getting better all the time, but you are a fighter and every doctor will tell you that refusing to let it beat you is the best tool you can use.
This is the best little guy I could find up top here, and he's not one of the yellow ones  :stomp:
72 Roadrunner 400-4 Auto-3.23 Gear-Black Cruiser
71 Cuda 440-6 Tribute-Limelight-A833 Close Ratio-4 Sp-Pistol Grip-Dana 3.54 Powr Lok-Rally Dash-Shaker (Sold)
92 Dodge Stealth RT-Twin 15g Turbos-SAFC2 Tuned-Mystic Blue-5 Sp-AWD-Rear Wheel Steering-AutoX'r (Sold)
12 Dodge Charger SXT Plus Blacktop Package-3.6L-8 Sp-Leather-Nav (the wife's)

Multiple SRT's, Rams, Dakotas, Caravans and Neons

...the lines on the road just look like dots!....

Offline torredcuda

• Sr. Resident
  • Epping NH joined 11/23/03
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2015 - 03:44:44 pm »
I`m pretty sure he didn`t move it with his head....  :dunno:

"I found out bending over is a big no no. It makes me hear my heart beat in the side of my neck and ear.  And when I moved my 500 lb bench, my left side seemed to move it ok, but my right side took more energy.  I just decided to sit down and rest, since my chest hurts a bit."

No one else sees anything wrong here?
Jeff
72 Barracuda 340/4spd  Torred
70 roadrunner 383/auto  In-Violet
70 Duster 360/auto drag car  (Petty Blue soon)
04 Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi

Offline dutch

• Sr. Resident
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2015 - 05:51:15 pm »
 ::)   ok, I`m sorry if I wasn`t clear...   must be my stupid idea of humor...

Not saying one should drag around a 500# bench when your ears whistle like a steamtrain , but I would, and I`m not surprised Alan didn`t call in the troops to move that thing.
*** Bart ***