Author Topic: Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals November 19-20  (Read 8351 times)

Offline JH27N0B

Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals November 19-20
« on: November 02, 2016 - 11:44:05 AM »
Whose planning to be there this year?
Going to be another incredible lineup once again. Many great Mopars will be there including a number in the tribute to Sunroof cars and the 1966 and 1971 invitationals.
I've heard a unicorn I've always wanted to see, a 70 V code Fury GT is scheduled.
Ryan Brutt "Devil" here  on CC.com will be running the Barn Finds section and I'm sure he has a lot of great dusty and dented treasures lined up once again.
I'm planning to do double duty for 2016. This will be my 5th year working at the show, and prior to that I displayed my '71 V code Challenger 2 years.  This year I am working and going to display.  I'm working long hours to get my long time T/A project finished put together (and hopefully running/moving under its own power!  :burnout:) to be in Mopar Alley there.
You can buy tickets online to save $5.  Also, something people have been asking for, 2 day passes, will be available to save having to buy tickets twice.  There's so much to see at MCACN you can't take it all in just in once day!
Hope to meet a lot of you there.  I probably won't be near my T/A much though, I'll be on guard duty watching a display!  :biggrin:

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
  • I'm Alan G...I'm a Mopar Addict
    • Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration
Re: Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals November 19-20
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016 - 12:46:02 PM »
I believe the red sunroof car I just finished is going,  :cooldancing:  I had no idea that six pack Fury was going, it belongs to a buddy of mine. :2thumbs:

I was offered free flights, but can't afford hotels/meals etc..... So I'm sitting this year out... :crying:
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !
www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com

Offline Devil

• Forward, Together Forward
    • Ryan's Cars in Barns
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016 - 01:05:18 PM »
Yup, it is going to be incredible!

Ryan
Ryan's Cars in Barns

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/
http://carsinbarns.blogspot.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
71 Challenger R/T Clone
69 Charger R/T SE
70 Barracuda
74 Dart Swinger
93 RamCharger
88 Caprice Classic Brougham

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016 - 02:47:08 PM »
For me, I'm not a "muscle car fan"....I'm a Mopar guy.....so this year, I'm not too worried about sitting out because I doubt there will be that many "over-the-top interesting Mopars" there.  :2cents: Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see how they can even come close to what they pulled off last year as far as a Mopar fan is considered. :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know.....but I haven't taught you everything I know !

Offline Devil

• Forward, Together Forward
    • Ryan's Cars in Barns
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016 - 02:54:21 PM »
For me, I'm not a "muscle car fan"....I'm a Mopar guy.....so this year, I'm not too worried about sitting out because I doubt there will be that many "over-the-top interesting Mopars" there.  :2cents: Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see how they can even come close to what they pulled off last year as far as a Mopar fan is considered. :dunno:

Oh you couldn't be more wrong.  There is more Mopar in the show this year then last.  And all is top shelf, from Sunroof cars to Barn Finds.  Yes you'll walk into some of the rarest Shelby's and GT40's.  But Class of 71 is mostly 1st time shown Mopars, Day 2 is mind-boggling.  Magnum Restoration is unveiling a special Mopar, Amcri is unveiling two Mopars.  Barn Finds has a bunch of Mopars including a straight from the barn 69 Charger 500 that has never been shown, Vintage Certification is crazy as usual.

It is really incredible.
Ryan's Cars in Barns

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/
http://carsinbarns.blogspot.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
71 Challenger R/T Clone
69 Charger R/T SE
70 Barracuda
74 Dart Swinger
93 RamCharger
88 Caprice Classic Brougham

Offline JH27N0B

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016 - 04:05:41 PM »
Seeing my car alone will make it worth the trip!  :rofl:

Offline JimSC

• Like what you buy, Buy what you like.
    • Supercar Collectibles
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2016 - 08:05:44 AM »
Our van is loaded to 100% capacity with 1:18 Musclecars, books, tool boxes, and this includes many 1:18 Mopars both street & strip. Our 8th year displaying, and the show we most look forward to of the whole year. It's hard to believe all the cool rare cars Bob comes up with for this event, all brands. We won't miss it - ever! I'm ready!
Supercar Collectibles, Ltd.
www.Supercar1.com

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2016 - 08:26:26 AM »
The transport company is supposed to come today to pick up the red sunroof Challenger...and of course it's raining :-\  Hope it doesn't snow on you guys in Chicago ! :bricks1:

Offline sprecks

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2016 - 08:34:56 AM »
I'll can only make it on Sunday.  Wish I could make it Saturday but have prior commitments.
you can call me Jay
I've seen sicker dogs get well.

1971 Challenger Vert - 472 Hemi EFI
1969 Road Runner 440/Auto
2017 Ram Laramie 1500 - Hemi

Offline JimSC

• Supercar Collectibles
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2016 - 01:25:29 PM »
Friday (set up day) says Rain, but can unload inside.
www.Supercar1.com

Offline anlauto

• Permanent Resident
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2016 - 03:50:19 PM »
TFX just left here with the red sunroof Challenger..... :grinyes:

Offline JH27N0B

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2016 - 04:58:18 PM »
Friday (set up day) says Rain, but can unload inside.
Hope it starts after my car gets picked up just after sunup.  I've got assigned to do security in the back alley where the rigs and cars line up to enter the building, so I will get rained on.  Also the temps are supposed to drop from 60's to 40 during the day.  What fun! With my work schedule at the show, I don't think I will even see my car all weekend, oh well, I've been looking at it too much the last couple months trying to get it finished, so I could use a break from seeing it!  :eek4:

Offline DMZ73

• http://www.pbase.com/dmz73/
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2016 - 09:18:23 PM »
I'm going to attempt to see the show Saturday. I'm lucky- I have a few college buddies nearby. :) hope to see you there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One E body saved, 7 years and counting.

Offline JimSC

• Supercar Collectibles
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2016 - 08:01:35 AM »
Hope it starts after my car gets picked up just after sunup.  I've got assigned to do security in the back alley where the rigs and cars line up to enter the building, so I will get rained on.  Also the temps are supposed to drop from 60's to 40 during the day.  What fun! With my work schedule at the show, I don't think I will even see my car all weekend, oh well, I've been looking at it too much the last couple months trying to get it finished, so I could use a break from seeing it!  :eek4:
Were you the outside worker (on a cart) that pulled us out of line last year and brought us right to the front? We do not know who that was, or why they did it, other than we do "leave our van inside" within our display, so we actually are not  in anyone's way once we are in. No matter, have a safe outside day today (Thurs), and THANK YOU for doing your part to help the show. Maybe see you in the 5-5:30 range. It's a great event because of folks like you.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016 - 08:12:11 AM by JimSC »
www.Supercar1.com

Offline JH27N0B

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2016 - 08:40:22 AM »
No, I wish they'd give me a cart, I have a bad foot that aches from all the walking I do for the weekend!
I was working the alley last year on Friday, though ended up spending much of the day by River road making sure no ones rig sticks out into the road when they pull in, or that rigs don't back up on River road.
Today I'll be driving the shuttle.  Tomorrow I'm outside.
I'm honored to be a part of the MCACN crew, I've been taking days off from my "day job" to work there for 5 years now and most of us have been working for the show for years so we are a family of sorts.  Great group of people working long hours behind the scenes to get everything set up and ready to go when the doors open Saturday.  There's probably at least 50 of us on the crew doing everything from guiding the cars into their spots to guarding doors and exhibits. Mostly gearheads like myself.
I'll be heading out shortly for my 10-12 hour shift, can't wait, it will be another great show this year!