Author Topic: Rear window question..i  (Read 588 times)

Offline dusty

Rear window question..i
« on: June 21, 2012 - 07:47:45 AM »
T makeshe rear window insert for the SE 1970 Challenger is secured by screws and then bondo is laid over the screws out over the joint where the the insert meets the rear window channel.

Hopefully today I will be painting the roof and the rear window channel. Once painted when I put the formal rear window insert in and secure it, it will be ready for bondo-ing..

Here is my question, I vaguely remember the bondo following the contour lines of the back of the roof, have any of you taken thye formal window out and reinstalled it? I don't want to mess up the contours back there..

Also, my Challenger has the side vinyl inserts for protection.. does anyone know who makes the fasteners that secure them? They are wire and stick through the fenders and doors and fit into the vinyl side inserts kindo of like a metal spring... I'm not sure anyone carries them..

Hopefully today the roof/ package tray/ cowl, and door channels wil be painted... oh yeah and the trunk.

Hope someone can help. Kind regards everyone!!!

Offline Chryco Psycho

• Administrator
  • C-C.com Guru
  • 70 Challenger R/T SE 70 tube Chassis Cuda now sold
Re: Rear window question..i
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012 - 10:37:15 AM »
if you are installing a vinyl roof I would not fill the channel with bondo , mine was not filled , we just glued thine foam over the gap & put the roof over it . if you are leaving the vinyl roof off then you need to fill the gap so you can paint the roof

Challenger - You`ll wish You Hadn`t

Offline dusty

Re: Rear window question..i
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012 - 12:48:07 PM »
Thanks Chryco. That's good advice. Much appreciated!!